This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does this belong to copyright infringement?
05-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Does this belong to copyright infringement?
Hi,
My friend has a page on facebook, & he asks me to contribute around 20 first pages of a (comic) book that I have. It's about 10% of the content. If I post the said pages on his page, will I get any copyright-related problem? He told me that, since it's his page, & I don't use my complete real name on my fb anyway, there should be no problem at all. He also says that it's a japanese comic & I'm in Spain so I really has nothing to worry about.

Is it then okay to do that? I don't want to be stingy but I don't really know about copyright, so thanks for any help.
P.S. His facebook page is about Japanese manga, and there are about 200 people (mostly his friends) who "like" the page & able to discuss and see the content.
P.S.2 I don't want to post stuff ilegally, but in fact, it's to promote the comic concerned. That's why instead of the whole book, my friend & I only want to post the first 20 pages, like a teaser. But if it's not okay then I won't do it.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2013, 12:29 PM

no

Ads

05-08-2013, 12:45 PM

He's correct that it is difficult to enforce copyright across jurisdictional lines.

It's not difficult for Facebook, though. If you're reported, they'll delete your account.

However, consequences aren't really the point. What do you create? Is it okay with you if other people just take your stuff? Only you get to do decide what sort of person you want to be. Thief, or not.

PS: Anyone can see anything posted on the Internet. Privacy settings are site controlled only, have no basis in law, and are easily bypassed.
05-08-2013, 12:54 PM

It's just some odd pages, no problem at all! particularly if, like you said, it's to promote the book. No one is going to get you for that.