This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What are good ways to raise money?
05-08-2013, 03:18 PM
What are good ways to raise money?
Hi. I'm 16 years old.
I recently found out that I am going to Africa in the month of august to volunteer at an orphanage.
I was wondering if anyone knew some good fun raisors i could do to raise money to bring to the orphanage.

Any suggestions would help.
Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2013, 03:31 PM

A friend of mine sold friendship bracelets for his trip, or you could sell keychains. Baked goods are the old stand by, but in my opinion not the best because the take a lot of effort for not much profit. My class did a fund raiser for the Terry Fox run and we set a goal amount and once we reached the amount we got to wax a guys legs/chest. You could also charge per wax strip. Being close to Christmas selling cards or hand made ornaments might do well too.

Ads

05-08-2013, 03:43 PM

Consider an online crowdfunding project. There are several sites where, for a percentage of what you raise, you can use the power of crowdfunding to your advantage. You put your cause online, tell people on the site what you are trying to raise money for, then promote the fundraiser by sharing a link to the online crowdfunding fundraiser to all of your social media contacts. People go to the site, give $5 or $10 (or more!) through their credit cards in a secured transaction, and you get the money you need!

Crowdfunding is generally described as getting a lot of small donations from a large number of people. Using the power of social networks, it is easy to get a great fundraiser going through a crowdfunding site and raise money quickly without having to do car washes and bake sales and the other time consuming old fashioned ways of raising money.