This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
help for a latop seeking college student?
05-08-2013, 05:09 PM
help for a latop seeking college student?
so ive been looking for a laptop for ages. the one that i own now is pretty crappy lol it crashes, i get it fixed it crashes again. complete hassle. so ive been looking at ones online and im a big fan of the Envy Sleekbook HP. mainly because its small light weight and decently priced. but after reading the reviews im kind of loosing faith. all i will be needing this laptop for is for school (writing reports, reading articles online), social media sites, & of course, Netflix. lol, i know typical but its more for business than pleasure. Any recommendations? and or help in steering me in the right direction?

thank you!

oh and btw: my budget consists of the 500-700 range.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2013, 05:16 PM

You can easily find a cheap laptop, i recommend staying with hp they're a really good company. Now what you're looking for would be a computer with about 4gb ram, an intel processor, and about a 300-400 gb hard drive. I suggest looking in store like staples and best buy to try them out

Ads

05-08-2013, 05:19 PM

The laptop I use for school is a Dell Inspiron 1550 it's not huge, it's got a 13 inch display with a good resolution, and it is a really good computer for only about 450, check it out on dell's site, these are great, it's very light xD it's ridiculously light actually o.o it does good with some games too it can't do the high end games very well but it does handle most pretty well.

EDIT: I came back to check other answers, umm...don't listen to that guy, HP is crap. I repair computers and for some reason it seems that like 80% of my business has been from people who own HP's. I have three right now in need of repairs. HP is lame.
05-08-2013, 05:23 PM

Hi!
So if this laptop is for school work and minor media use, and seeing as your price range is in the budget area, I would personally recommend a Toshiba Ultrabook U945-S4380

It can be found at Radioshack for under 700 dollars, and has enough performance for the uses that you need it for, and is of course thin and light Big Grin It is a VERY cheap ultrabook, as most laptops with an Ultrabook Form Factor breach the 1000 dollar mark.

Oh and ILookBut, the Inspiron 1550 is no longer on the market + It runs atrociously under new OS
05-08-2013, 05:28 PM

Acer Aspire V3-571G-6407 looks to best fit your needs. It's key features are:
-15.6" HD Widescreen
-LED-backlit Display: (1366 x 768) resolution.
-3rd Generation Intel Core i5-3210M Processor 2.5GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.1GHz.
-Windows 8.
-NVIDIA GeForce GT 630Mwith 1GB of dedicated DDR3 VRAM.
-4GB DDR3 Memory.
-500GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive.
-8X DVD-Super Multi Double-Layer Drive.
-Multi-in-1 Digital Media Card Reader.
-802.11b/g/n Wi-Fi CERTIFIED.
-Bluetooth 4.0+HS.
-1.3MP HD Webcam(1280 x 1024).
-Optimized Dolby Advanced Audio v4 audio enhancement.
-Two Built-in stereo speakers.
-2- USB 2.0 Ports.
-1- USB 3.0 Port.
-1- HDMIâ„¢ Portwith HDCP Support.
-6-cell Lithium-Ion Battery (4400mAh).
-Up to 4.5-hours battery life.

It's fast, has plenty of storage for all your college work and isn't too bulky. Read this review that'll aid in your decision:

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1Q43ZE9G9S...=fatwdj-20

You can find a really good price for it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Acer-Aspire-V3-571...=fatwdj-20