This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Where can I find stylish wide shoes?
05-08-2013, 07:51 PM
Where can I find stylish wide shoes?
Ok here I go AGAIN asking the same question no one ever seems to want to answer for some reason!
Where do I find stylish wide shoes??!! I am 21 and I hate wearing orthopedic shoes!! They are ugly and for once I would love a pair of wide shoes that are actually stylish. NO ORTHOPEDIC SHOES, NO RUNNING/WALKING shoes!! I already have plenty of those. I want something like Vans or Converse or Jordans or Addidas High tops but they only make thos shoes for NARROW FEET!!! Yeah because people with wide feet don't want stylish shoes??? I do not understand it. I have even called them to see if I could special order a size and they told me no because their machines only make the sizes that are offered. I don't get why shoe makers do not ever think of people with wide feet! If they did they would have so much more business because then people like me would buy a bunch of shoes from them!!!!! please help!!!! I have already gone to wideshoes.com. ZAPPOS.COM IS OUT OF THE QUESTION AS WELL!!! PEASE SERIOUS ANSWERS ONLY!!
My shoe size is 11.5 6E
Understand my WIDTH IS A 6E. I need shoes that come wide already because stratching the shoe means your whole foot is not supported by the sole of the shoe and that is very important then the side of the shoe will tear open because your foot is going off the side of the shoe

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2013, 07:56 PM

Vans are probably your best option. They aren't really that narrow and even if your feet are really wide, they might feel tight at first but they will adapt to your feet.

Ads

05-08-2013, 07:59 PM

Hi Cody,
I work at Hitchcock Shoes, which you may know it as http://www.wideshoes.com. Hopefully, I'll be able to answer some of your questions. For shoe makers, it's all about volume and level of demand. It's too risky of an investment for shoe makers to go beyond a certain width. Making shoes is expensive and complex. As mentioned above, you have the costs of the machines, there is also the cost of making molds of the bottom of the shoes and the lasts (the shoe form- made from wood or heavy plastic. This doesn't include the costs for materials: dyes, leather, etc. Each shoe size has its own mold (for the bottom) and its own last. For a line of shoes that may involve sizes 5 - 20 and that's 16 different lasts and molds. This doesn't include 1/2 sizes or specialized widths! We would be first in line to sell Vans, Converse and other brands, should shoe makers choose to take this business risk in investing in 4E and wider shoes. I hope my answer is sufficient and you find the types of shoes you are looking for. - Sincerely, Zele Adams Social Media/Admin at Hitchcock Shoes.