This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm writing a valentine's day article for my school newspaper and need help?
05-08-2013, 11:21 PM
I'm writing a valentine's day article for my school newspaper and need help?
I am writing a valentine's day article for my school newspaper/journalism class. I was going to do it on how social media couples like bradgenila influence our lives, but i dont know how to expand my thoughts. so far i have this,

Social media is greatly influenced in our everyday lives. Famous celebrity couples like, Liam Hemsworth and Miley Cyrus, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, and Jay-z and Beyoncé are always in the headlines around Valentine’s Day. Most students in high school are interested in celebrities’ personal lives out of curiosity. Sometimes looking at what a-list couples are doing, gives us some inspiration for our significant other.
In 2012, many couples made the news, either for breakups, makeups and even new romances.

anyone have anything to help me out? or even a new idea would work.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-08-2013, 11:36 PM

My personal opinion is that people get enough of this type of article.
Why not do something on the history of Valentine's day.
You could also do an article on Valentine's Day in other countries.

Ads

05-08-2013, 11:40 PM

why not try a different approach. A 'help for boys around valentines day' / 'Valentines day what to do/ what not to do' article... something along the lines of ...'when she say's "oh i don't like valentine's day dont get me anything... what she really means is i want some new perfume AND a teddy bare' ... or 'when she says 'those plastic roses are really tacky, she means it, they are awful.- avoid all fake flowers at ALL times' that could be fun... what way you could get the student involved and the more students involved in a student news paper the more readers you will get.
good luck
05-08-2013, 11:54 PM

Its good and i does sound like a great article but why don't you try talking about how people celebrate valentines day nowadays? That way it can catch more attention. And even talking about kindness and love with support the idea of having valentine's day and celebrating it. You can then talk about the social media couples later but first start with a catchy line (love is in the air, its that time of the year again when...etc..) Smile
I hope this helped! Big Grin