This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
At Christmas I want to explain Obama's Chained CPI to my folks on Soc Security. Is this a good explanation?
05-09-2013, 03:14 AM
At Christmas I want to explain Obama's Chained CPI to my folks on Soc Security. Is this a good explanation?
Here’s how Chained CPI works: If the price of beef goes up, and some people start eating cheaper chicken instead, then INSTEAD of measuring actual inflation (as reflected by the rising cost of meats), the Chained CPI measures the behavior of moving from beef to cheaper chicken and LOWERS the cost-of-living adjustment.

And if more and more seniors can’t afford chicken and move to cheaper cat-food, then the “chained CPI” adjusts Social Security Insurance payments – and millions of disabled vets’ payments that are tied to Social Security – so that they can now afford cheaper brands of cat food.

Is that an accurate explanation on how Obama and the overjoyed GOP are planning to assess COLA for the elderly and disabled? They are sneaking this into the fiscal cliff talks and the media is complicit in their silence. Will you PLEASE discuss the perils of Chained CPI with your family this Christmas?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2013, 03:26 AM

Yes, any way you explain it..its cutting of benefits..but thats what the GOP is forcing him to do..

the GOP will allow Obama to raise taxes on the rich if he helps them attack the poor.

Ads

05-09-2013, 03:40 AM

So if beef is to high, they eat pork, then chicken, then cat food.

Yeah that is a great plan.... Obama offered it, that is all that counts. Yeah the GOP masturbate to the idea of it, but Obama put it on the table.
facepalm
05-09-2013, 03:52 AM

Yes , that is accurate . You should also remind any Representatives thinking to vote for that instead of raising the income caps that we could vote them out . In 2013 S.S. has a 1.7 % increase and health care is up 15 % . Congress should keep their hands OFF our S.S. funds , period .