This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to stop Facebook from sending links through chat?
05-09-2013, 12:48 PM
How to stop Facebook from sending links through chat?
Okay, I logged into my Facebook account and saw that it sent this random link to 3 of my friends. I was offline all day so it wasn't me (and I'm pretty sure this was a virus). And this also happened another time when I was in a middle of a conversation with this boy. How do you stop them from sending random links through chat while I'm offline?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2013, 01:04 PM

I suggest you ignore it. You cannot stop the victim from sending you annoying links. It was them who were affected and that spyware/hacks were trying you to be one of the victims.

Ads

05-09-2013, 01:19 PM

That's fact this person is in your friend list so that they are sending you link through chat

so that simple way remove this person in your friend list..after that he is not sending you any link through chat..
05-09-2013, 01:22 PM

All you have to do is change your password.

One way or another, some advertising website got a hold of your account information and is exploiting it to send links to people. Just change your password and they will not be able to log into your account anymore.

To the people who answered above me, I believe she's saying that HER account has been sending the links. Not other people.