This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Does it cost money to use wifi on your phone?
05-09-2013, 09:32 PM
Does it cost money to use wifi on your phone?
i got a samsung corby plus yesterday, its AMAZING, but i wanna know if i can go on facebook and all the apps that come with the phone (its opens internet browser when i open them) or is there a possible way to connect to my cell to my wireless router and use its wifi?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2013, 09:42 PM

Yea it's gonna cost

Ads

05-09-2013, 09:51 PM

If your phone has wifi under your settings there should be a wireless section. You can usually turn your wifi on from there. if your phone has wifi it doesn't cost anything to use it. You just have to have a network to connect to.
05-09-2013, 10:01 PM

i have a htc hero and i use wifi when it's available. so whenever i'm on campus, i can log in and use wifi for FREE. if i'm off campus, i have to turn on my data ( 3G network ) to get internet.
so, to answer your question... i think wifi is free, altho i'm not 100% sure
05-09-2013, 10:13 PM

No it does not cost any fees to use Wi-Fi on your cell phone. You have unlimited Wi-Fi usage. However remember on your cell phone to turn off the 3G data internet or else you will be charge for using the data internet on your cell phone instead of using Wi-Fi.
05-09-2013, 10:28 PM

No wifi is a wireless signal like at most coffee shops McDonald's, Panera Bread ETC
05-09-2013, 10:34 PM

first google you phone specs and see if you can get wifi on it, not all phones can but most the newer ones can.

If you go into setting there shud be further option, along the lines of connectivity, wlan, wifi etc you get the idea.
Once youre on there select you router name and type the pass. Wait for it to confirm.
Once thats done, the browser shud either automatically open then you can start browsing for free.

Networks cannot charge you a single penny for using your wifi, as it is not their data that you are using. Wifi is always free other than the monthly bill or whatever you pay for it. All devices can run the internet via wifi for free.

You can always google:
How to connect "phone name here" to you wifi.

Theres hundreds of videos that will show you.

Hope that helps
05-09-2013, 10:45 PM

no wifi with the Samsung corby plus
search samsung corby plus specifications