This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is happening between us? Will her mother end it all for us?
05-09-2013, 10:47 PM
What is happening between us? Will her mother end it all for us?
On monday just gone, my girlfriend skived off school and came to mine. She is at sixth form and for some reason she didn't want to go in. So she spent the morning with me and went back in the afternoon, but I did warn her there were consequences.

The school must have phoned her mum cos she called when we were walking to sixth form. She gave her lots of abuse and insults. Now her mum has taken the phone off her. By facebook, his mum ses I cud still see her but not let her twag at mine again. Meanwhile, she is being punished and I don't know when she gets her phone back, I ant heard back in like two days.

Now via facebook, she tells me her mum sed I cud not see her for a month, but her mum told me I cud see her in two weeks. She also said her mum said she should spend time with other friends and not as much time with me. Today, she said she got her phone back and she could text me tonight if i wanted, so i waited til 10:30 for a text and nothing, not even a text after my four i sent to her. What is happening between us? Is her mum blaming me for her skiving and thinks am a bad influence? Is she going to break it off slowly between us till it ends or is this just a temporary thing of punishment? Help someone!!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-09-2013, 11:00 PM

your answer is right here http://www.demosentialdesign.com/go/IhRwH.php

Ads

05-09-2013, 11:15 PM

Ur in trouble hope dad isnt around
05-09-2013, 11:28 PM

It sounds as though her mum has got the impression -rightly or wrongly - that her daughter is prioritizing her relationship with you over and above her education, and skived off sixth form in order to be with you. But it sounds as though it was more the case that she didnt want to go in for some particular lessons or sessions, and yours was the obvious choice of place to hang out.

Maybe you could meet with her mother (without her being there) to have a chat. Impress upon her that you did not ask, suggest or encourage her to skive off school to be with you, and that if it ever happened in future that you wouldn't encourage it by letting her in. That way, her mother will be satisfied that you're not a bad influence and that she misjudged her daughter's motives for skiving. While you are there, perhaps you could also ask her how often would be acceptable for you to see her each week. All of this responsible talk will give a good impression to her mother. Also, the more she knows you and understands you, the more she'll be happy for her daughter to be with you. Lack of information can lead to all sorts of suppositions and false ideas, and unfortunately its human nature to think it must be the bad influence of her boyfriend thats leading her astray, rather than her leading herself astray all of her own accord!

It doesn't sound like she's going to stop you seeing your girlfriend, but more that she is trying to encourage it not to be a very intense heavy all consuming relationship. She wants her daughter to keep sight of the important focus of her education so by suggesting she sees more of her friends, she's hoping the relationship is not going to take over her daughter's life.

Maybe your girlfriend hasn't contacted you because she still hasn't got her phone back.