This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to respond to this Facebook post?
05-10-2013, 10:43 AM
How to respond to this Facebook post?
Hi so I'm not a big Facebook user and this guy who I used to go to church with (I stopped attending in 7 grade and now I'm in 12) said "we miss you at church class gurl, please come next week!" I'm visiting a college next week and going back to church is the last thing I want to do but I don't know how to say that on a wall post without seeming mean or formal! Thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2013, 10:57 AM

Tell him you have other plans.

Ads

05-10-2013, 11:02 AM

Say you recently picked up on atheism
05-10-2013, 11:05 AM

I have a college visit next week but if I can make it afterwards ill come by to thank the lord for all the opurtunites he's giving me
05-10-2013, 11:09 AM

Just do what your heart supports you.
05-10-2013, 11:19 AM

I would say "hey, long time no see, sorry but i can't make it next week, maybe another time" after that conversation if he asks you again when you will go maybe should go just once and talk to this guy in person you may like it
05-10-2013, 11:25 AM

If you're good friends with him and some of the others in church class then be all "Aww!! Miss you guys too! But I really cant, sorry!!But I hope I could hang out with you guys some time again!!"
This way it'll convey that you cant come plus take the focus away from the chirch class by suggesting that you can meet outside some time instead.
05-10-2013, 11:35 AM

Then send him a message and let him know you can't be there. It's not that hard.