This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to hide the (share) button from others sharing my videos on facebook ?
05-10-2013, 01:59 PM
How to hide the (share) button from others sharing my videos on facebook ?
On facebook i attatch a video song i like from youtube onto my profile status on facebook for friends to have a look at.

A friend of mine apears he is using a (share that video) onto his own facebook profile.
Is there a way not to let this happen again.. The sharing content may not be my thing as in someone stealing part of what ive posted on my facebook profile onto someone else profile..

For example i post a music song video clip from youtube to my facebook profile. And a friend apears to share that video i posted on my status onto his profile too.

So is there any settings requierment to fix this? and if there is.. what are the consenguence about for example a friend wants to post something nice on my status profile.. will that still work or be blocked as well ?

I dont want my videos to go privacy. They there for my friends to view and watch on my status. But i dont want them to share them on thier own profiles.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2013, 02:02 PM

There is currently no feature that will allow you to hide the "share" button on your videos. If you would like to limit who sees them specifically, you can edit your privacy settings, or add specific people to your "Restricted List"

What happens when I add someone to the Restricted list?

When you add someone to your Restricted list, they'll only be able to see your Public content or posts that you tag them in. So if you put your boss on your Restricted list, post a photo and choose Friends as the audience, your boss (and anyone else on Restricted) won’t see that photo. However, if you add a tag of your boss to the photo, we’ll let them know they’re in it and they’ll be able to see the photo. If someone else tries to tag your boss in one of your photos, you’ll get to approve this tag from your pending posts.

Ads

05-10-2013, 02:08 PM

Facebook gives you the necessary privacy controls to adjust sharing on your profile. You can limit how people tag you in photos and videos, stipulate how people comment or share your posts and restrict the ability to share content or make posts to your Facebook wall. Additionally, you can prevent people from revealing your location through Facebook Places, which is especially important when you don't want all your friends knowing where you are. The Facebook Places feature lets you or your friends check in at different locations and share where you are with the convenience of a mobile phone.