This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is there any way potential employers can hack Facebook to see your profile?
05-10-2013, 07:46 PM
Is there any way potential employers can hack Facebook to see your profile?
Can potential employers, without your permission and that are not on your friends list, get on your completely blocked Facebook page and see all of your information?

As far as I know it's not possible (I'm an Accounting student with an EXTENSIVE business law background- so I've learned a lot about this)

However my younger sister who is at an overpriced private college and is majoring in (please try not to laugh) Pastry Arts heard otherwise. Mind you, this girl hasn't ever taken a college business class and probably never will since she can't even afford the school she's at now and she picked what's probably the dumbest major ever.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about.

Sally applies to a job at a major law firm. Sally has a Facebook. Sally has a TON of pictures of her drinking with friends on her profile. Sally has her profile set completely private. She has the page set to where public viewers can only see her name, cover photo, and add her as a friend. She has none of the employees from the law firm on her friends list. Everyone is set to limited profile or restricted profile except close friends and family.

Is there anyway that the hiring manager see Sally's posts on Facebook from public view or otherwise? By either hacking Facebook illegally or otherwise.
Hence the word "illegally" I never said I had computer education. I'm not stupid and I know hacking exists. What I'm saying is if a company hacked Facebook "illegally" then the company that did it would potentially be sued by both Facebook and the person they hacked. When going up against Facebook's privacy policy, if a company is sued by them it would be likely that the company would lose. They would most certainly lose their integrity for one, which would lead to terrible business and possibly even forced to shut operations down, and two they'd be out millions of dollars. It's really hard to get your way in court when there is proof that you did something stupid like that.

Legally they aren't allowed to do this and they'd be complete idiots if they did. I'm sure most CEO's wouldn't allow their companies to take such a great risk just to find out more information about a potential employee.

It's common sense. I knew the
Hence the word "illegally" I never said I had computer education. I'm not stupid and I know hacking exists. What I'm saying is if a company hacked Facebook "illegally" then the company that did it would potentially be sued by both Facebook and the person they hacked. When going up against Facebook's privacy policy, if a company is sued by them it would be likely that the company would lose. They would most certainly lose their integrity for one, which would lead to terrible business and possibly even forced to shut operations down, and two they'd be out millions of dollars. It's really hard to get your way in court when there is proof that you did something stupid like that.

Legally they aren't allowed to do this and they'd be complete idiots if they did. I'm sure most CEO's wouldn't allow their companies to take such a great risk just to find out more information about a potential employee.

It's common sense. I knew the

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-10-2013, 08:00 PM

Let me get this straight. You are NOT a computer science student. You do NOT have any computer science education. Your "education and experience" come from some type of accounting program, and some law. How exactly did you learn that "hacking" facebook was not possible?

Do you even know what type of web server facebook runs on? If you did, then you would realize that no computer system is 100% secure, ever. They have a saying in the "hacker" community, if someone really wants your information, they will get it.

So, while it may not be legal, it sure as hell can happen. If you don't want your private life in the open, don't post it on online sites like facebook.

Ads

05-10-2013, 08:10 PM

yes, http://hackfacebookaccount.org/?ref=1319659
Your welcome