This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Would Republicans be more popular if they laid off of the social issues?
10-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Would Republicans be more popular if they laid off of the social issues?
I like free market capitalism and limited constitutional government and the 2nd amendment. But I don't agree with institutionalizing social conservative values into law. I think maybe a lot of people have been turned off by the Republican party pushing it's social conservative values. Maybe if they just dropped that and concentrated on the other stuff they'd make more progress in that direction.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 01:49 PM

Republicans would be a lot more popular if they dropped the partisan nonsense and just did their jobs, representing the people not the party. But I don't see that happening in the near future.

Ads

More Democratic lies?

The social issues should be state issues anyway, it shouldn't be decided on the Federal level.

Their social issue rants turn me off for sure. They're getting worse. I didn't vote Obama in 2008. I'm voting him this election.

I would say YES.

They rail against the Democrats for focusing on social issues yet they do the same only different.
I would like to see a party that focuses on the Constitution not include social issues and allow the states and individuals to decide on the individual freedoms as the Constitution intended.

Its not as if Republicans aren't running away from all their anti social issues... Like Ryan's speech, during the Republican National Convention... Telling every one that will listen... Their the protectors, of Social Security, Medicate, or Medicare... But Republican history, tells a complete different story, & those under 55... Are completely screwed... If they were truly for Social programs, for the masses.. They'd be supporting Obomney care... After all, originally, it was, their idea...

Nope.

The Republicans are wrong on Foreign issues. Rmoney wants to return to the Bush foreign policy.
The Republicans are wrong on Economic issues. Rmoney wants to return to the Bush economic plan of tax cuts for upper income people and deregulation, which is what destroyed the world economy in the first place

All they have left is social issues. And they are wrong there, too. Shrinking the government so small that they can drown it in a woman's uterus.

How are the Libertarians doing as far as popularity goes? Because that is what you've just described.

The Libertarians poll at about 6%.

So the answer to your question is No.