This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get rid of an anti-virus program?
05-11-2013, 04:56 AM
How to get rid of an anti-virus program?
I have Microsoft Security Essentials on my computer and it wont let me go on anything except for search engines and Facebook....I cant get onto my email which is important.
I cant figure out how to stop it blocking all these sites without deleting the entire program. Anyone know how?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2013, 05:10 AM

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=uninstall+MSE

Ads

05-11-2013, 05:21 AM

You are wrong. MSE does not do these things, malware does.
Have you scanned your pc ? My guess is malware is running your browser via a proxy.
I take it you installed MSE ? There is a fake one. Sorry to ask, but you seem not confident with computers
05-11-2013, 05:32 AM

A good uninstall program is Revo Uninstaller. There is a free version that you can download here:

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_unin...l#download

Click the 'Download' button near the bottom of the page in the left column.

Once downloaded and installed, open up Revo, click the program you want to uninstall, and click 'Uninstall'. Select the level of thoroughness you want (Advanced is the most thorough, but also the most time-consuming). The program will run its built-in uninstaller, and then Revo will sweep through the program files and Registry to make sure the program did not leave any files behind.

I hope this helped you.
05-11-2013, 05:35 AM

I think Microsoft Security Essentials is blocking all unsecured site like https://example.com.

If your time is incorrect, you may face problem like this, correct your time and retry..
05-11-2013, 05:43 AM

I also use MSE but I don't experience these problems, it may be some virus or malware in your computer.
Try MalwareBytes Anti-Malware software and scan your PC.

If problemstill persists then Goto Control Panel>Windows fireWall>on the left hand side click "Allow a program or feature through Windows FireWall" option and see whether the service you are trying to use is listed thier, Uncheck it.
But First of all use MalwareBytes Anti-Malware software and scan your PC.
05-11-2013, 05:52 AM

uninstall it and get avast.
05-11-2013, 06:01 AM

all the sites to its exception list.