This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Is IObit Malware Fighter good for your computer?
05-11-2013, 05:30 AM
Is IObit Malware Fighter good for your computer?
Formally named IObit Security 360. I'm curently having an argument with my friend who's computer has broken after I put on IObit Security 360 on her comp about a month ago.

She uses "IMVU" and "Big Fish Games" Which I believe is terrible for the health of your comp. Who is right? I'm Katherine she's Emma.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2013, 05:34 AM

IMVU and Big Fish Games aren't that bad.

I highly recommend Malwarebytes instead of IObit Malware Fighter. I don't think what you put on there broke it though, so I don't think it's bad for your computer.

But Malwarebytes is the way to go. It's excellent.

Ads

05-11-2013, 05:38 AM

NO, go off and remove any software that looks dodgy and install Comodo AV it is rather good and system lite, though after using IMVU i'd do a full reinstall first.
05-11-2013, 05:49 AM

Remove IOBit 360 if it is still loaded - that program is no longer supported. IOBit Malware fighter has had some issues with computers freezing but I think the latest version is stable. It is one of many programs that should be in your arsenal of malware fighters. Malwarebytes is another.
05-11-2013, 06:00 AM

Nah its no good. Only good thing IObit makes is Advanced System Care but you gotta untick all the crap it tries to install with it. My my favourite free antivirus is Microsoft Security Essentials its actually a really solid AV program, i download heaps of things from frostwire, bittorrent all kinds of dodgy weird programs from the dark corners of the net and its stopped everything, i havent had a virus in years.
05-11-2013, 06:16 AM

Looks like it can cause conflicts with the existing antivirus. I'm not saying it will happen but looks like there is a possibility that a slowdown or conflicts can arise if both programs fight to do its job.

'IObit Malware Fighter provides you with ultimate anti-malware and real-time protection, including "Startup Guard", "Browser Guard", "Network Guard", "File Guard", "Cookie Guard", "Process Guard", "USD Disk Guard" and "Malicious Action Guard", which keeps your computer stay secure all the time.'

However because it's from IObit, I don't trust them since they got caught stealing Malwarebytes's intellectual properties - once a thief always a thief...

Nothing wrong with Big Fish Games and IMVU though. But because IMVU is a social networking site, got to be careful with malware laced banner ads, dodgy links and so on.
05-11-2013, 06:17 AM

I loved, Advanced System Care, but now the iobit malware fighter sucks, i don't need malware i have Malwarebytes, i need to clean registry, but even Malwarebytes changed and even BitDefender, so...