This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How should I start making custom PCs?
05-11-2013, 07:16 PM
How should I start making custom PCs?
I'm strongly interested in building PC's for people but not having much luck getting people (I've been trying to get friends and family pretty much) I've put an ad in a little book thing that comes out every month in my region but that was a while a go and only did it once. I also started a facebook page to see where that would go but haven't had any luck.
Edit: I know how to build computers and a decent amount about software and hardware

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2013, 07:32 PM

well...its quite easy once you know what you're doing, basically...every computer part you buy( cpu, gpu,mobo etc...) has its own manual that teaches you how to install it....installing cpu is all the same technique, same as graphics cards, same as ram...once you know how to do it once...you should have a good understanding of it in the future. If you need more information...email me

Ads

05-11-2013, 07:34 PM

I dont think the other dude had the right answer.what you want to know is how to advertise about what you do.You should start with family and close friends and suggest them to tell their friends too.
Flyers even though old school are a big help,post them everywhere large amount of people gather.
like cleaners and you can also try to advertise at a local radio station.hope this helps.
05-11-2013, 07:35 PM

u need to knowledge of how to do it, each person will want different stuff, so u will putting them together severally, most people will go to a dealer to get their pc's, then it will come down to price, how much r u going to spend on the parts, u can go to egghead & get a kit to build what u want, it would be hard to start up something like that, first u build one then have people try it out, u might take to them & have them try it for a few days, that would be my way, I had people over to my place & say that I have 1 of the best computers they have ever seen, but I have a SONY VAIO cost me 1,800 dollars but I got the printer & it came with a burner that would copy any dvd, so I would rent DVDs & copy them, I also have a 1TB drive to store them on, so u see it's going a hard road
05-11-2013, 07:48 PM

The main market I see for custom-built PC's is for gamers. I suspect that's because most other people in the market for a PC are content w/the mass-market manufacturers out there (Dell, Lenovo, HP, Toshiba, ASUS, etc.) & lets face it, you're not going to compete w/them on price.

You might want to consider configuring & building a couple of gaming PC's (a low, middle, & high-end machine for instance). You would have them on hand to demo for anyone interested & you'd know exactly what your configuration/costs were ahead of time so you could price it appropriately. Then advertise, advertise, advertise (word of mouth, social networks, your own web page, etc.).

Good luck!