This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Honestly speaking, my english grade has been slipping because I'm not really good at critical thinking and?
05-11-2013, 08:11 PM
Honestly speaking, my english grade has been slipping because I'm not really good at critical thinking and?
lack in general knowledge? How do u improve your critical thinking and get better at general knowledge like social problems media and culture and tradition or crimes...how do u do that?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2013, 08:24 PM

You need to read more, and read deep things, not just novels and such. Watch the news, and programs that are on Discovery or National Geographic channel. Ask your English teacher what some books are he/she would recommend for you.

Ads

05-11-2013, 08:29 PM

http://philosophy.hku.hk/think/critical/improve.php I did a search for how to improve critical thinking. I suggest you look through the sites on this.
05-11-2013, 08:34 PM

Critical thinking is to not believe everything you hear from the media, other people and society in general. It is to research and make your own conclusions based on logic and truth as much as possible.

General knowledge is a bunch of uselss bullshit schools are obsessed about. "General knowledge" aka general bullshit, is a hinderance as it clouds young people's minds with pre-conceived judgement and bias. If you have no general bullshit in your mind, then I suggest you cherish that, and keep it that way regardless of what social institutions say about it.
05-11-2013, 08:44 PM

Turn off the computer.
05-11-2013, 08:57 PM

Read several sources for a subject then compare differing theories/opinions...