This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What decides the order of friends on facebook chat?
05-11-2013, 11:43 PM
What decides the order of friends on facebook chat?
If you open facebook and see the chat box on the right you can see a list of some of your friends some of which are online and some aren't (or maybe they are but have chat off?) I was wondering what factors make that specific group of people appear more than others?

I ask because I asked out a friend of mine and she said yes. We're going out next week but I've noticed shes climbed that list to the top over the last couple days and I'm wondering is she checking my profile out?
Is it profile views?
The thing is we really don't talk on Facebook itself, we mostly text or call so I'm just curious.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-11-2013, 11:47 PM

Does it really matter who's on top? (outside of the bedroom)

Ads

05-11-2013, 11:51 PM

Nah, I think if anything, it's how often you speak to them.
Sometimes girl I haven't spoken too or looked at profiles in years pop up at the top of my list, lol. I think facebook just randomly shuffles them about sometimes. Smile

Oh and hun, there is a Facebook section. ^^
05-11-2013, 11:54 PM

if she gets on the top list. it means you chatting her more often than your other friends who are online too. it doesnt mean she visiting your profile always. there is no connection
05-12-2013, 12:09 AM

Idle is a status in Facebook chat designed to let your friends know that you are available but not currently paying attention to your Facebook screen. If a friend sends you a message while you are idle, he knows you might respond to it, but are unlikely to do so immediately. Facebook uses two factors to determine how you become idle: if you are inactive and for how long.