This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Have I been rejected or not? Why does he make it so hard to tell?
05-12-2013, 12:15 AM
Have I been rejected or not? Why does he make it so hard to tell?
I like this guy at my college--he's the student body president and kind of awkward--and have been trying to get to know him for the past year and a half. I sent him a couple of Facebook messages saying hi, and he's always responded really well to them--said hi, that he missed talking to me at lunch, stuff like that. So I told him we didn't talk enough and gave him my phone number. He never texted me.
A couple of days later, he invited me to this frat party. (He invites lots of people, but I figure if he wanted to avoid me, he wouldn't have invited me because he does leave some people out.) I can't go because I work. So I see him at the basketball game tonight--he announces--and he keeps looking over at me across the court, but he never says hello. At the end, he quickly gets up and leaves.
I'm pretty sure I've been rejected, but then why send the party invite? Also, he's pretty awkward. He kind of whistles to himself sometimes, and...he's not much of a ladies' man. I'm not sure how to feel. Thoughts?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2013, 12:20 AM

if a guy is treating you like hes not real interested...he generally is not real interested...but good luck your move

Ads

05-12-2013, 12:23 AM

Best to ignore him and move on. Why are you even interested in him, if he is awkward. It is plain to see he is not looking for a relationship and just feels more comfortable, it sounds, with alot of people around. He probaly likes to have a lot of people around as maybe it makes him feel better about himself and if you show interest and he invites you, he feels you will attend his functions, though I don't see that he really is interested in you or a one on one relationship.