This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get over my daughter's dad? (Single Moms Help)?
05-12-2013, 12:43 AM
How to get over my daughter's dad? (Single Moms Help)?
My daughter's father and I shared joint custody up until he left her Febuary 2012. He made it obvious that he didn't want to have anything to do with her and was done being a dad. He had gotten a new girlfriend and was going to create a family with her and wanted nothing to do with us. He has not made any contact since then.

I have tried sending him messages on her birthday and over the Holidays to see if he wanted to visit her or talk to her over the phone, but he went out of his way to block me from all social media sites, change his phone number, and even changed addresses. He has made it literally impossible to get ahold of him.

Child support has been trying to go after him as well. He was court-ordered to pay a small amount, but has managed to avoid paying this for almost two years now (he is in major debt). His licence has already been suspended for lack of payment and they are threaten to put a warrent out for his arrest if he doesn't make a payment soon. He already has one warrent out for his arrest because he violated his probation.

My problem is, I can't get over the fact that my daughter's dad has abandoned her. She was very attached to him and still recognizes him in pictures (she is only 2 1/2 years old). Even though I have already started dating someone new who is much better then her dad, it hasn't helped me try to cope with the fact that he refuses to have anything to do with his child.

Any suggestions? Esepcially from people who have been through simular situations.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2013, 12:59 AM

don't -he'll be in your life forever. grieve the loss of the relationship you wanted, but embrace a healthy co parenting relationship. work hard to maintain a friendship -learn to compromise & dispel any anger. work closely with your counseling & consider getting one for the child. surround yourself with your friends & family who provide positive emotional support.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply