This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why Is Barack Obama trying to scare Americans in Florida over Social security & Stock market issues?
10-12-2012, 02:16 PM
Why Is Barack Obama trying to scare Americans in Florida over Social security & Stock market issues?
“In Daytona Beach, Obama said that "if my opponent had his way, the millions of Floridians who rely on it would've had their Social Security tied up in the stock market this week." He referred to "elderly women" at risk of poverty, and said families would be scrambling to support "grandmothers and grandfathers."

That's not true. The plan proposed by President Bush and supported by McCain in 2005 would not have allowed anyone born before 1950 to invest any part of their Social Security taxes in private accounts. All current retirees would be covered by the same benefits they are now.

Obama would have been correct to say that many workers under age 58 would have had some portion of their Social Security benefits affected by the current market turmoil – if they had chosen to participate. And market drops would be a worry for those who retire in future decades. But current retirees would not have been affected.”

Does it seem like Barack Obama does not really care about voters in Florida since he is willing to spread lies? Specially when he went along with Howard Dean & the DNC and didn’t care to even count all the votes in Florida or at the last give Floridians a chance for a re-vote?

Why is Obama trying so hard to scare people in Florida mostly… Senior citizens?

=\

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/...opper.html
Why is Barack Obama lying?

=|

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 02:24 PM

He's not lying, McCain thinks that we should deregulate Social Security.

Ads

McSame = MORE PAIN

100% OBAMA

trying to scare? i was terrified last week when the stock market crashed two days in a row.

Barack is not lying ......... McCain is the LIAR

John McCain said, "without PRIVATIZATION, I don't see how you can Possibly over time make sure that young americans are able uhhh, to receive social security benefits.

So, now who is the LIAR?.........

Yeah, McCain never said to just hand all of Social Security to the stock market. He said that some people could choose to do so if they so pleased. In case no one has noticed, the Social Security fund is running out. There might not be any Social Security by the time my generation gets up there. What is Obama's plan for Social Security? ..... *crickets chirping*

He is trying to scare them into voting Democratic. That is one of the methods used my Democrats to get votes.

The same reason all politicians lie:

For votes.

All politicians try scare tactics. Republicans use terrorism, Democrats use class warfare and global warming. Vote for us and we'll save you from all these ills.

Q: How can you tell if a politician is lying?
A: Their mouth is moving.

Please. Republicans try to scare us over everything from taxes to gays to terrorism, just plain lieing as they do it. So you're saying one party can use scare tactics in politics and the other can't?

Maybe he underestimates their intelligence. At least that was my first thought when I heard him.

When stock prices rise, no one causes it.

When they fall, the incumbent caused it.

When they invariably rise again, no one will have caused it.

Go figure.