This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the big deal about Facebook and Twitter?
05-12-2013, 09:10 AM
What is the big deal about Facebook and Twitter?
I find these sites to be astoundingly boring. At least with Myspace you can write a blog, and add all of your favorite things onto one page, but even that gets outright boring after a while.

So what is it about these sites that keep people so entertained? I honestly don't see what's so interactive about them, outside of sending nonsensical, silly, prearranged messages to people. ?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2013, 09:13 AM

It's more about keeping up with friends than being entertained.

Ads

05-12-2013, 09:19 AM

...communication with friends and people of interest to you...
05-12-2013, 09:30 AM

Same here i find it really boring, and also all these people who keep putting up pictures and writing "i don't like this picture" or "i look ugly in this picture".

I don't understand why are they putting it up?
05-12-2013, 09:38 AM

idk either. facebook's just ANNOYING!

i don't have a twitter but i don't want one. the only thing i have is a bebo and a myspace and photobucket and facebook which i NEVER use!
05-12-2013, 09:45 AM

Honestly I think Twitter , Facebook , and myspace are all stupid.But people have the right go on any websites they want, unless you live in a country that doesn't have much freedoms.
05-12-2013, 09:59 AM

Well there are two things that come to mind when I think about each of these sites.

The first is that they offer a way for those who want to keep in touch with their friends. Both sites are more or less social networking sites. Many use the internet as a means of communicating with their friends. It is a fact that more use the internet to talk with their friends, rather than use the phone. The internet has become increasingly popular down the years and its no secret that it has become a substitute for communication. So both sites have become the major means for this.

Secondly, it is just a phase or a fad. Remember when Myspace first entered the internet world? It was the same way. Myspace was considered the "it" of the internet. Now you hardly hear about it. In my mind each of those websites are phases. Once their time runs out as far as popularity then users will run to something else. My point is, users run to what is "right now". If it is popular then it becomes the object of affection. I don't buy into all of the hype. Once its over, then it won't matter. But a lot of it is just the hype.
05-12-2013, 10:10 AM

I joined Facebook two weeks ago and really think it's boring also.
05-12-2013, 10:15 AM

I move around a lot for work and I have friends literally all over the world. Facebook is a way for me to keep in contact with them on a regular basis so they don't become strangers.
05-12-2013, 10:19 AM

it's for the narcissist in all of us - post pictures, have your pictures tagged, tell friends (and quasi friends) about all the fun stuff you're doing, add a lot of friends, accumulate tons of wall posts so everyone can see how admired you are...etc. basically an ego inflation for the most popular, and an ego deflation for the rest of people who strive to be like the popular ones but can't achieve it. and then there's us...the ones who would rather live our life beyond the computer (oh, and on YA of course)! Smile

BUT...i will admit...i have found some people on there that I had all but lost contact with, and some people who i can only stay in touch with via facebook...so i guess it's not all bad.