This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I use BBM on a cruise with wifi?
05-12-2013, 09:19 AM
Can I use BBM on a cruise with wifi?
I have a social networking plan for my blackberry which includes Facebook, Twitter, BBM that i can use with or without wifi and I dont have a data plan so everything else costs extra unless connected to wifi. The question i have is that can I use BBM if i am connected to wifi on a cruise ship if i turn my network off so I dont get charged for roaming. The story i've been getting from other people is that even with my network shut off, I will still get charged for roaming... is this true?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-12-2013, 09:23 AM

yes. the cellphone towers on board WILL charge you regardless of any shore based plan you have.

additionally you will be charged for the ships wi fi and it is expensive.. and extremely slow.

Ads

05-12-2013, 09:33 AM

Wertsfd, your going on a cruise, I don't know why people take all this stuff with them. I would be pleased to be rid of it for ten days.

The reception a cruise ship is not that good, and you will be charged through the nose.