This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Has There Been A More Meaningless Title Win In The History Of Football?
05-27-2013, 09:46 AM
Has There Been A More Meaningless Title Win In The History Of Football?
No, not me asking this, TalkSports Adrian Durham seems to think so, and I agree.

********************************************************************************​*******************************
Celtic won the SPL title at the weekend. Has there been a more meaningless title win in the history of football?
Stuart McCall should get manager of the year north of the border though. As it stands, his Motherwell side have picked up more points away from home than Celtic.
That is some achievement in a league that is normally a two-horse race. Except they shot the other horse last summer.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footbal...z2RIJnVsvi
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
Scottish title winners since 1986 : Celtic, Rangers, Celtic, Rangers, Celtic, Rangers, Celtic, Rangers, etc, etc, etc.
Take Rangers out and any win must be seen as devalued.
LOL @Dan. He sounds like that judge who asked in court "Who is Gazza, anyway?".

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2013, 09:48 AM

awwwwwwwwwwww diddums..............we feel your pain.......hohohohohohohohohohohohohohohoho

Ads

05-27-2013, 09:55 AM

What I don't get about all this, is why a title is devalued because the opposition cannot muster a challenge or why there is so much focus on the achievement in Scotland.

Celtic and Scotland is scrutinised, when in England, Man Utd have looked like the only winners from very early on and sit 16pts (1 more than Celtic) ahead or Germany, where Bayern Munich have similarly romped the Bundesliga and sit 20pts (5 more) ahead (of a team in the Champions League Semi Final), even Juventus who are 11pts (4 less) clear in Italy and Barca 13pts (2 less) clear in Spain.

Dare I say, your opinion (and Durhams) on this, is clouded more by the fact it is to do with Celtic and Scotland, than objectivity or looking at just how "meaningless" other leagues have also clearly been, given the clear superiority (and superior points tally) of the winning teams in England, Germany, Italy, Spain etc etc etc

Just because a main title challenger fcuks themselves up through cheating and gets dissolved, does not devalue or diminish the achievements of those who have abided by the rules and remain to challenge. I imagine if Motherwell had won the league, nobody (well Huns) would be claiming devaluation, instead they would be heralded and their achievement acclaimed.
05-27-2013, 10:04 AM

Nope and I think even Celtic fans know that as well.
05-27-2013, 10:07 AM

rangers winning division 3 or the Man UTD winning the EPL ,is a three horse race between 20 teams any better ,take the big 4 out of the premiership fixtures and there not that appealing ,the difference in class betweeen Villa and Utd was as big as Celtics and Motherwell
05-27-2013, 10:10 AM

All those titles that Rangers cheated their way to.
05-27-2013, 10:19 AM

What you mean like rangers win in the 3rd division...pahaha

Fkin twitter aain...don't think I'll follow te mail..
05-27-2013, 10:21 AM

not as meaningless as a division 3 title with a professional football team playing against plumbers and bricklayers!
05-27-2013, 10:28 AM

Aye well if celtic get into the group stages of the Champions league again next season we will see the £20M meaningless of this title win.
That's a h3ll of a devalue
05-27-2013, 10:33 AM

lol i had the misfortune of listening to talksport a while ago, its full of opinionated English w@nkers who are full of their own importance and know nothing about Scottish football.

Who the f@ck is Adrian Durham anyway and does anyone really care? If your going to start quoting people at least make it someone credible.