This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
The New Gaming Console?
05-27-2013, 09:49 AM
The New Gaming Console?
Since the new XBox has "always on" feature, will this help PS4 gain footing in terms of sales?.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2013, 09:54 AM

I do believe this will help the PS4 get a edge in sells.
There are just some people in the world that just can't effort internet because of this busy/hard economic time. Plus if your internet were to go out or just be out of service, you couldn't be able to play that Xbox next box. Making it practically useless because you can't play without it being connected to the internet. I think Microsoft think's everyone has internet so they just decided to put this feature on, but who knows. It's just a rumor as of now and is still not confirmed. But if this is true, well Microsoft, that was a bad move on your part.

If true(again), it will boost the sells of PS4 and will leave next box to the ground.

Ads

05-27-2013, 09:55 AM

Microsoft has not officially announced anything about the new Xbox. The 'always on' feature was a rumor, and a badly managed one by their former (yes, they fired him) creative director.

The latest data indicates that only a maximum of 75% of Xbox owners ever take their console online. The other 25% don't bother, or don't have a broadband internet connection.

So I somehow doubt Microsoft is literally willing to throw away 25% of their customers for this feature. A few PC games have tried going the "always on" route and it's been nothing but grief for them. The latest example is EA's release of Sim City on the PC.

At any rate, if Microsoft is thick headed about this issue and goes ahead with it anyways, I'm still unconvinced that it will be a big help to Sony and the PS4. Especially if the PS4 is significantly more expensive, and/or fails to court developers. So far, Sony thinks the PS4's most important feature is the "Share" button on the controller allowing you to immediately post status and videos of your gameplay to Facebook, Youtube, Twitter, etc. This does not fill me with hope that Sony has truly learned their lessons from the PS3...
05-27-2013, 09:56 AM

You are assuming it does. Let's wait until the May 21st announcement to confirm. Don't base a purchase on rumors.
05-27-2013, 10:05 AM

The always on connectivity of the next Xbox is just a rumor, even though they come from "credited sources" these sources still get their info wrong a lot of the time. No details have been released about the console other than it exists and that it will be revealed on May 21st at a Microsoft event.