This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why is my generation so ignorant?
05-27-2013, 09:50 AM
Why is my generation so ignorant?
I was watching the finale to epic rap battles of history season 2. It started out with Rasputin vs Stalin, then it involved lenin, Gorbachev, then Putin.

I am shocked by all the people in the comments section that have no idea who any of these people are, I'm 15 and even before high school I knew who all these men were/are (Putin is still alive obviously, and so is Gorbachev I think).

Why are people so stupid? I know public education sucks ass but if you don't know who Stalin is your ducking dumb as bricks

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2013, 09:58 AM

Being smart is considered undesirable by the culture and so anything people aren't forced to learn is going to go unlearned by most people. It's a sad truth.

Ads

05-27-2013, 10:07 AM

Thanks to "yolo", "swag" and Facebook shit, it's all because of media. 'Lil kids and teens think they all grown up already, when they didn't went through shit yet besides it's the parents fault for not checking on them and school should be tougher on students. In Mexico and China knows way more about the U.S. history than America itself, it's just sad
05-27-2013, 10:16 AM

Haha. I'm honestly not sure.. I would say the public education system too, but that may not be entirely the case. This generation is a lot more open to technology, unlike generations before. People have more opportunity to invent themselves, and they decide not to care about school, and be more involved in social activities.

Of course, this does not go for everyone. This generation isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Well, maybe it is, but there are a lot of people who aren't like that at all.
05-27-2013, 10:18 AM

Same reason why you're and your aren't really distinguished from one another. Wink Joke~~ I guess it's because when our generation focuses its attention on the Kardashians, how each person is ugly/beautiful, and how many followers it can get on Twitter, Putin and Rasputin will take the backseat. Maybe if our media decides to focus more on historical events/worldly news instead of, "OMG that girl got a boyfriend (exclamation marks)," then people will actually learn who they are.
05-27-2013, 10:28 AM

Kids used to have to respect elders and respect history, nowadays kids don't care. I think the generation who raised us jumped on the technology bandwagon too fast and without thinking of the consequences, which has resulted in a very stupid younger generation... Just my opinion.
05-27-2013, 10:31 AM

I don't even know what is "epic rap battles of history". Nobody told me anything about it and I'm a good kid. I'm not those party types, in fact, I'm a loner.