This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Something really weird happened on Twitter?
05-27-2013, 10:09 AM
Something really weird happened on Twitter?
Hi!
Just a few minutes ago I created a new e-mail account, and I wanted twitter as well. So when I registered the account with my e-mail, Twitter said this e-mail already had an account, so I curiously asked for a new password to be sent to my e-mail. Well, when I clicked the link and made a new password, I got to my profile.
AND GUESS WHAT? I had access to a Twitter account made in 2011! What does this mean? I have used Twitter for 4 years now (with other accounts and e-mails), so what actually happened. Isn't this a little bit serious?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2013, 10:10 AM

It is possible that Twitter account was dreated with the same E-Mail account you created to-day.

The original owner of that E-mail account either deleted the E-Mail account or it was deleted for some reason by the E-mail provider (Incative, SPAM source, TOS violations, etc).

After a period of time determined by the E-Mail provider, the account is released to be used again.

This is a problem with Twitter and other sites which use E-mail accounts for ID. They do not check if the E-Mail account exists once the membership to their site is confirmed.

Not very secure.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply