This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
hes taking ages to reply, what should i do?
05-27-2013, 10:10 AM
hes taking ages to reply, what should i do?
okay me and this guy have been hanging out/texting for a while now and we really like each other. I wont see him for another 4 or so months so we have just been texting every day.
Sometimes he has these spells where he will not reply for a long period of time- hours sometimes and i know that i have spells where i stop replying for about 30 minutes but that's not as long as 3 hours! ( we use whatsapp so it tells me he is online at some points!)
I told him something today and he didn't reply, + i know he is clearly online/on his phone because he is actively tweeting! it really hurts that he hasn't replied in like 6 hours and it makes me worried as hell like i did something wrong.

I don't know if it was a comment i could have possibly made, like i tweeted my friend about when her dads 50th party was and as a joke i asked her if i could get with her dad and she replied jokingly as well telling me of course as a birthday present.

BUT come on that was clearly A JOKE.

Im thinking of ignoring him for about a week now and just use busy-ness as an excuse because i feel stupid replying as soon as he talks again!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2013, 10:13 AM

Calm down a bit. It can hurt when he doesn't text back, but sometimes you just don't wanna answer someone right away. Maybe he's thinking of a answer, or maybe he read it, got distracted, and forgot briefly. Some people aren't constant texters, and that's going to be part of this relationship should you decide to pursue it. Take a step back from you phone, and stop going onto twitter to check if he's tweeting or something. Maybe don't use an app that says if he's online if that's making you anxious - tell him you don't like the app or something and ask to switch to regular texting.

Is this someone you would be able to get in a relationship with? This will be part of that relationship - don't go into one assuming you can change him. And do NOT get passive aggressive and ignore him. He won't know why you're doing it, or maybe he will take it at face-value of you actually being busy, give you space, and then accidentally hurt your feelings when he doesn't act the way you want him to.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply