This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Seeing the mayhem on the markets do you now see why McCain and Bush wanted to privatize Social Security?
10-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Seeing the mayhem on the markets do you now see why McCain and Bush wanted to privatize Social Security?
surely if they weren't stopped by the Dems the reform would have helped the US economy long ago.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 03:06 PM

You got it!

Ads

Social Security is not the problem. Privatizing it would have put it in the hands of the same banking institutions that are now floundering. At least Social Security is still somewhat secure.

If you want people to take care of something, give them ownership and oversight over it.

A BIG part of the heath-care crisis arose when employers started paying health-insurance premiums as benefits. When people aren't paying the premiums themselves, they aren't paying any attention to the expenses. Thus, health care expensives are through the roof. The QUALITY of health care in the USA is superb; it's just too damn expensive.

A BIG part of the social security crisis is that it's not OUR money. We have no control over it. Thus, the system is pretty much broken. How do you think it would work if WE were in charge of our OWN retirement accounts?

Yeah, I'm a conservative / libertarian who believes that the government should get out of the way and let us solve our own problems and manage our own affairs. I consider what I pay into Social Security / Medicare / Medicaid as money thrown away; I doubt that I'll ever see a penny of it. Of course, my parents do, every month, so it's not a complete waste.

Hey they Republicans have sucked the money out of the system for their friends, now the tax payers are putting in the money so they can do it again

Yes. They still want to get every body's money. Like the CEO's that have stashed aside billions during the last 28 years of deregulation McCain and Bush have no limits to greed, ignorance and stupidity provided they go unpunished.

The money that has disappeared from circulation would have included the privatized Social Security funds. If you know how to read you can look at what happened to Chile. During a boom people thought their Social Security funds were going to be great forever. They were great for just a few years. It only worked for those few people who retired and died before their life saving were decimated.

so its ok for liberal democrats to steal our money,and give it away,ill take privatize social security before i let liberals touch it!!