This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I report this to the police?
05-27-2013, 03:22 PM
Should I report this to the police?
There are a group of girls in my sixth form a year above my friends & I, & they're constantly trying new ways to trigger a reaction. I'm not going to go into detail about that because it'll be pretty long, but we've reported them to the head (quite a while ago) & nothing was done about it. One of the girls from this group has a younger sister in my year, & she encourages her to join in on hating us.

One of the girls had uploaded a picture she took of us (twice) & both times we found out we reported her to the head who made her write a written apology, but she then privatised her (twitter) account so we can no longer see if she does it again. One of my friends is suspicious that one of the girls was taking a picture of us recently because her camera was flashing in our direction.

We've also noticed them tweeting about us using code names for us and making ridiculous comments.

What I (we) don't understand is what we've actually done to them that makes us the target. We've decided that they probably see us as a threat because we're external students who keep "ourselves to ourselves", or in other words we mind our own business. Stupid, I know.

If the school doesn't do anything about it, then we'll end up being victimised for the entire duration of college, and ignoring it DOES NOT WORK.
We tried to let the events blow over, assuming that they'd stop if we ignore them and do nothing in terms of revenge (like I said, I am not going to mention ALL of the horrendous things they've done to us), but clearly that didn't work. They haven't stopped & our rivalry is getting to its worst - we're considering taking it into our own hands if the police wouldn't consider it such a serious matter.

So what would they say?

PS would the head kick us out of school if we complained to the police that they did nothing about it?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2013, 03:25 PM

Get your parents to complain to the head and insist she does something about it.

Ads

05-27-2013, 03:34 PM

The Police will tell you exactly what I am going to tell you, grow up.
05-27-2013, 03:38 PM

Report it.
05-27-2013, 03:44 PM

If the school does nothing with warning that
you will go over their heads for action to be taken,..

Then go to the police when school does nothing.
05-27-2013, 03:48 PM

You can report it to the police and probably file it as harassment but it would have to be severe for them yo do something about it otherwise it will just bounce back to the school and ask them to do something because it would be a waste of time if it was something minor. If it affecting your psychology and causing apprehension then yes. Normally there is a anti bullying scheme within schools have a look because they would take this seriously!
05-27-2013, 03:56 PM

This is a severe case of bullying and my only real advice I can give you is to threaten the head with legal action. Trust me, they'll pay more attention when they think there might be a lawsuit. This is cyber bullying. If I were you, I'd gather all proof I have against them (i.e. negative things they say about you online) and keep a journal of each time they harass you. Find out your legal rights and talk to police.

But, if all else fails, beat their a*s real good. It won't be so funny anymore when they're getting an a*s kicking.
05-27-2013, 03:59 PM

but what can the head do ?
if the head can not prove that these girls are having a go at you and your friends there is not a lot the head can do
the police will just tell you that unless these girls make a clear threat to you or one of your friends, there is nothing they can do
my advice to you and your friends is to stop reading what these girls put on twitter they will soon get bored if you do not respond to them
05-27-2013, 04:04 PM

It depends, among the things they have done that you don't want to talk about, have these girls actually done anything illegal? Making stupid comments and taking pictures isn't a police matter, but a matter for the school (for a start, the school should ban students from taking photos in school hours and appropriately deal with those that break the rule), not for the police. You need to approach the school about it - you spoke to the head once and nothing happened, so talk to them again, and again, and again until something does happen. Start writing down everything these girls do that breaks school rules or upsets someone in your group, and make all the staff aware of it - perhaps the head will take more notice if other teachers start to mention what's going on too.

If, once again, nothing happens then you should get your parents involved. It's amazing how a teacher's attitude can change when a parent is brought in to the office. It's only worth going to the police if these girls are actually doing something illegal, otherwise they will just tell you to stop wasting their time and report it to the school. The head teacher cannot kick you out of the school from approaching the police.

At the end of the day, however, often in life you will come across situations where other people are not willing to take action to stop something happening. You need to take action yourselves to stop these girls targeting you. You could confront them, ask why they're being such bitches, ask what you've ever done to them, or even say you're worried about them, as their lives must be truly terrible if they need to treat others so badly to make themselves feel better. Call them out in front of other people in your school and they'll probably be so embarrassed or feel so stupid in front of people they want to impress that they'll stop.
05-27-2013, 04:08 PM

tell your parents if they dont do any thing tell the police