This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Face it libs, George Bush is smarter than you, what say you?
05-27-2013, 03:34 PM
Face it libs, George Bush is smarter than you, what say you?
The press and his opponents highlighted President Bush’s occasional stumbles when giving a speech. President Obama’s similar verbal miscues are ignored. Ask yourself: if every public statement you made were recorded and all your verbal fumbles were tweeted, how smart would you sound? Do you ever use the wrong word or phrase, or just botch a sentence for no good reason? I know I do.

* President Bush intentionally aimed his public image at average Americans rather than at Cambridge or Upper East Side elites. Mitt Romney’s campaign was predicated on “I am smart enough to fix a broken economy,” while George W. Bush’s campaigns stressed his values, character, and principles rather than boasting about his intellect. He never talked about graduating from Yale and Harvard Business School, and he liked to lower expectations by pretending he was just an average guy. Example: “My National Security Advisor Condi Rice is a Stanford professor, while I’m a C student. And look who’s President. ”

* There is a bias in much of the mainstream press and commentariat that people from outside of NY-BOS-WAS-CHI-SEA-SF-LA are less intelligent, or at least well educated. Many public commenters harbor an anti-Texas (and anti-Southern, and anti-Midwestern) intellectual bias. They mistakenly treat John Kerry as smarter than George Bush because John Kerry talks like an Ivy League professor while George Bush talks like a Texan.

Read more: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/article...z2RUduMMNP
Follow us: @RCP_Articles on Twitter

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2013, 03:43 PM

I guess he was smarter than Kerry and Hillary for tricking them into supporting the Iraq war.

Ads

05-27-2013, 03:47 PM

If you think bush was smart it says a lot about your own perspective.

And why does GWB talk like a Texan? He's an Ivy League elite, same as Kerry. He's not from Texas.
05-27-2013, 03:50 PM

...or he was born with a silver spoon in his caviar and champagne filled mouth.

05-27-2013, 03:52 PM

I would delete this soon if you don't want the liberal Y!A nazis to take 10 points.

democRATS RATS RATS
05-27-2013, 04:01 PM

I live in Louisiana and am confident that George Bush is less intelligent.
05-27-2013, 04:06 PM

So he made himself sound stupid in purpose? That was his master plan?

Try reading his statement in transcript form, with no accent to create the bias you suggest exists. What he says sound just as stupid.
05-27-2013, 04:12 PM

I was no fan of Bush, but I think that those two points are right.

That, however, does not automatically lead to Bush being smarter than every single liberal out there. He's smarter than some, not as smart as others.
05-27-2013, 04:20 PM

Bush isn't smarter than me. I was a National Merit Scholar. I had my college paid for because I earned that many academic scholarships, not because I had a rich daddy.
05-27-2013, 04:23 PM

"The press and his opponents highlighted President Bush’s occasional stumbles when giving a speech. President Obama’s similar verbal miscues are ignored."

LOL. I never heard Obama use words completely incorrectly

"hold us hostile"
"Is our children learning?"
"They misunderestimated me."

You seem to be ignoring reality.