This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why was this question reported?
05-27-2013, 03:43 PM
Why was this question reported?
"What do you think the true religion is and why?"

I have no idea what is wrong with this question. I placed it in the right section and was not yelling at anybody.
If it was a chat violation than how come the whole poles and survey section hasn't been taken down.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2013, 03:53 PM

Someone may have saw it as chat and reported it. You can appeal if you think it wasn't against guidelines

Ads

05-27-2013, 03:55 PM

Virtually any question beginning with: "What do you think ..." is considered a chatting violation. Questions are supposed to be seeking useful information and/or knowledge. Personally, I think you may actually be seeking information, based on the "why" part, but it comes across as simply: "What religion are you?" So, useless chatting.
05-27-2013, 03:59 PM

yahzmyn is right. Try asking "what's the best religion to belong to, and why?"

don't bother to appeal the deletion you got, you'll lose it.

added: things are taken down when enough people with enough trust-rating report them. In Polls&Surveys, the people who bother to report can't keep up with the amount of violations posted.
05-27-2013, 04:03 PM

Reported for being a chat violation. YA is NOT a chat forum. YA is knowledge exchange form with a STRICT question answer format, NOT A PLACE TO CHAT. That is what Facebook, Google +. Twitter and OTHER Internet message boards are for, CHATTING. You were flame baiting, trolling. Trolling is NOT allowed by OTHER YA COMMUNITY MEMBERS who understand the Community guidelines.

"...What is a troll?

Resolution

A "troll" is someone who intentionally and persistently posts inflammatory messages about sensitive topics to bait users into responding or provoke a confrontation. We also consider people to be trolls when they persistently misuse product features such as the ratings system to negatively target others.

Last updated: November 14, 2012..."

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=cont...=PROD_ANSW

"...How does Community Moderation work?

Description

This article describes moderation of questions & answers in Yahoo! Answers community.

Resolution

Community reporting empowers reliable Answers users to help us more quickly remove inappropriate questions & answers. Members of the community who reliably identify and report questions and answers will have more influence than others. If a question or answer is reported by one or more reliable users, it will be removed.

Last updated: July 16, 2012..."

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?page=cont...=PROD_ANSW

"...What is considered "chat"?

Description

This article defines the term "chatting."

Resolution

Yahoo! Answers is a question-and-answer community of people sharing knowledge. We provide a couple of different ways for members to connect with one another, including email, instant message, and a comments area, so chatting in questions and answers is not allowed. When people use Answers to chat with each other, it lowers the quality of the site and inhibits knowledge-sharing.

Yahoo! Answers is not meant to be about gaming or playing a game, it is about sharing knowledge with other Yahoo! users across the world and, for this reason, questions involving gaming are not allowed.

Here are a few examples of what we consider chatting:

How (are you, old are you, was your day, is everyone today)?
What are you/What am I (doing, thinking of, wearing, etc.)?
Guess my/Can you guess my/What's your (name, age, sex, weight, birthday, location, etc.)?
Who is from…/Who plays …here/Who wants to chat
Do you like my (avatar, web site, poem, etc.)?*
Who wants to celebrate my birthday, drivers license, first 100 points, level 7?
Where is user (nickname) gone?
Avatar games and games of any nature
We also consider questions that call out other users by name to be chatting. If the intent is to ask a follow-up question in response to someone else's question and that person is not available via email or IM, post a new question that's open to everyone in the community to answer -- there might be someone else who's better equipped to answer it.

Note: Exceptions to this rule would have to satisfy two criteria: The question would have to be 1) advice-seeking and 2) knowledge-worthy. For example, it would be OK to ask "How can I improve my poem?" or "How do I make my avatar look more attractive?"

Last updated: July 13, 2012..."

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en...id=SLN8196
05-27-2013, 04:06 PM

What do you think is usually seen as chat.

The whole *polls and surveys section hasn't been taken down because people complain about it and expect it to be an excuse for their own chat violations, instead of reporting it. that and I was busy elsewhere all day today. Sorry.

You can appeal if you think it is not a violation. And for the record, adding and why to chat does not change chat.
05-27-2013, 04:13 PM

I'm assuming your question was reported, because a reporter thought that you posted a 'chat' violation.

While it's true, that many questions beginning with "What do you think ..." are violations, we have to judge questions, on an individual basis.

Your question is *not* chat.
It is a knowledge-and-advice-seeking question.
IF you added no violating content in the Additional Details (chatting/insulting/arguing with others), then, it is *not* a violation.

"What do you think the true religion is and why?" is no different from "Which is the true religion and why?".
Neither question is a violation.

Appeal, within 7 days, using the link in your Violation Notice.

If your appeal is denied, or ignored, email the Yahoo Answers Team:

y_answrs_team@yahoo.com

OR

y_answrs_team_uk@yahoo.co.uk

Pick only one address. The missing 'e' is correct.
Politely ask them to help you.

The best place to ask your question is in the "Philosophy' category.
You'll get more mature answers there, than you will in Religion & Spirituality'.
05-27-2013, 04:17 PM

Simply put, your question was deleted as a result of a chat violation. The question you posted only benefited yourself and not the community as a whole. If you read the Community Guidelines more carefully, questions here must always be beneficial to the community and has to be both knowledge-worthy and advice-seeking. Please remember Answers is strictly a Q&A site and never a chat forum. Social networking sites are the only places where you can chat with other people, so please do all that there instead of here.

As for the P&S category, you may need to consider avoiding it at all costs. A significant amount of chat violations are handed out there on a daily basis.