This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
I'm a 20yr old male and want to stay single forever?
05-27-2013, 03:52 PM
I'm a 20yr old male and want to stay single forever?
I'm still living at home with my parents, and I am currently at university studying maths at a high level. My future career path looks good. I am currently single, and I feel perfectly happy on my own. I do not wish to ever get married. I am straight, and I do find a lot of girls attractive, but not in the sense that I want to spend a lifetime with. I have never been outgoing or social, and I am fairly introverted. I honestly don't think there exists a perfect woman out there for me that I can stay committed to. I spend most of my free time on the computer. My question is will my feelings ever change (i dont think they will) and if not how will I tell my parents?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2013, 03:55 PM

Your parents will need to let you "fly away from the nest" and make your own life decisions eventually. If you're happy being single and career-oriented, then that's your prerogative and you have every right to do that. I know plenty of people who don't make relationships a priority and they're perfectly happy with that, just like you. Situations always change, so you never know what can happen. Until then, just enjoy the present times and go with the flow. My favorite Dalai Lama Quote:

"Man sacrifices his health in order to make money.
Then he sacrifices money to recuperate his health.
And then he is so anxious about the future that he does not enjoy the present;
the result being that he does not live in the present or the future;
he lives as if he is never going to die,
and then dies having never really lived”

Ads

05-27-2013, 04:03 PM

NO. You do not want to stay single forever. The fact of the matter is is that you are a shy, secluded and sheltered studious boy who is too shy to talk to girls, and therefore tried to convince yourself that you will be okay without women and that you don't need them by posting this question as a way of validating it to yourself.
05-27-2013, 04:06 PM

Its very possible your feelings could change but I think its great that you don't feel the need to have a girlfriend, at least right now. Focus on yourself and whatever is meant to be will happen.
05-27-2013, 04:12 PM

to each his own.good luck to you
05-27-2013, 04:19 PM

That's kind of how my younger years were. I spent my teenage and young adult years studying and getting my life together and I eventually met a girl who was into the same kind of lifestyle, we fell in love and got married. I have a daughter and son from that relationship, so I wouldn't worry too much about the future because nature takes care of it for you. From my experience there's nothing wrong with getting your qualifications and skills early because I promise, at least here in Australia, you will need them as you get older. There's lots of competition here in the job market. The better your qualifications, the better the job you can get and the more money you will earn. That's the answer you give your parents.