This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I confront him?
05-27-2013, 04:14 PM
Should I confront him?
Here's the story: I used to be very close friends with this girl since the first grade. Last year, I was romantically interested in her. I really did like her a lot. She knew how much I liked her at the time, and I would buy her gifts and bake for her almost weekly. One day she was really sad about something, so I bought her flowers and made her brownies. That weekend she repays me by starting a relationship with her co worker. Before that, however, she did the exact same thing when she started "dating" a guy who lives 6 hours away, so this happened to me twice in a row. She never even took the time to sit down with me and let me know that a relationship wouldn't work between us because of our friendship. This didn't sit well with me, but that's actually not why I want to confront her current boyfriend (the co worker). See, I was not in a very good mindset back then. I said some pretty awful things over my Twitter account about being rejected. I didn't target the girl with my tirades, but I targeted the first guy (not the co worker), and I paid for it greatly. It took a lot of self improvement, and thousands of dollars in therapy, to even get a chance to say hello to her again. Eventually, I told her how sorry I was, and she instantly forgave me, and I was extremely grateful. I am not romantically interested in her anymore; I haven't been since I realized how much I had screwed up with my own comments. The second guy, the co worker, is still dating this girl, and I learned that he had gotten drunk stupid at a party a while ago and cheated on her... right in front of her. She went home devastated, and the next day, he dragged his sorry ass into work, still hungover, and gave a half-assed apology. She instantly gave him a free pass. A few months later, he dumped her... over Facebook, which is probably one of the most disrespectful things that somebody can do to their girlfriend. I asked if the girl wanted to hang out and talk about it (since I just wanted to be a friend) and she said that she needed some time to think. I respected that completely, but what I didn't respect was the fact that, after he came crawling back to her, she forgave him again, instantly. I confronted her about this and told her that this guy can and will hurt her again. Of course, she refused to listen, and we haven't spoken since, mainly because I have lost all respect for her. When I screwed up, I worked my ass off to even get a chance to talk to her again, and I am lucky that I even got that chance. When this asshole cheated on her and disrespected her time and time again, he instantly gets a free pass, and to this day, the girl's parents think he's some kind of angel. Even after he got drunk and cheated, he still gets drunk and disrespects her, as if he hasn't learned anything. Someone could easily say that it's truly none of my business, but after I worked like crazy and spent thousands of dollars in therapy to redeem myself, and he gets off the hook easily, it became my business, because it's a slap in the face to me. I don't care if he's her boyfriend; he's a total jerk and doesn't deserve her at all. Next month, I am graduating, and there's going to be a huge formal graduation celebration, and he'll be there. More than anything, I want to call him out at this event. I actually don't want to hurt him; I just want to expose him in front of the girl's parents. I want them to know what he truly is. I don't care if the girl never talks to me again. I also don't care if the guy physically attacks me; only means that he'll get kicked out of the grad party, I'd press charges for assault, and the parents of the girl would see him for the scum that he truly is. If they don't listen to me and say that he's a totally nice guy, fine, but I want to warn the parents about the very real danger he poses to their daughter. I see it as my responsibility to talk to them about it, since this girl was once a very good friend of mine, and she's in serious danger. I have already decided to talk to the parents about the danger, but I gotta ask: should I confront this guy? I really want to.
And yes, it is now my business, ever since my hard work was disrespected.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2013, 04:18 PM

I dont want to know your life story.

Ads

05-27-2013, 04:19 PM

You gotta think about this carefully. I agree with you, i don't even know her and I have also lost all my respect for her.

Yes confront him, but do it in a subtle way so everyone know what you are on about, but its not rude? Complicated? Yeah.. Ummmm.... Talk to the girls parents about what you wrote on here, and if they like you (im sure they will) then they will listen and respect you, and look into him even more. try that before the graduation. he will be humiliated enough if her parents confront him! If they dont agree with you then try the graduation!xx
05-27-2013, 04:24 PM

I don't know if you should confront him about it, at least before you talk to her parents about it. It may end up in a fight and that may only show that you're bitter or jealous. I know you're not but bear with me here. If the confrontation ends up in a fight, then everyone might think you started it. If the confrontation doesn't end in a fight, it only gives him fair warning that you're going to tell on him. This isn't good because that gives him time to prepare himself. Then he can look all sweet and stuff and lay it on thick to try to trick everyone into believing you're wrong.