This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Long distance boyfriend, should i trust him?
05-27-2013, 04:16 PM
Long distance boyfriend, should i trust him?
I'm 15 and i live in England, but for the past 14 months I've been dating a 19 year old Australian guy. We haven't met yet (i wish we had..), we text all day every day, i have at least 50 pictures of him and 2 videos (not directly to me, just ones his friend took of him doing weird things hahaha), but i'm wary that people might not be who they seem on the internet.

He doesn't have facebook or twitter, but we have each others skype, but whenever i ask to call him he gets all defensive and says he has to go or that it breaks his phone.. Could he just be nervous, or might he be lying? idk.

Also, since hes a 19 year old guy he finds it difficult that we cant do 'things' and im always worried he might cheat on me because he's so far away and i'd never know. He gets mad when i ask, so how can i learn to trust him more? i really do love him and i just want to make sure everything is ok really.
Thought i'd reply to ruthie here, seeing as it's definitely not top answer.

1. Your 15. He's 19
Yes, and whats the problem with our ages?

2. The videos and pictures he is sending you might not even be him.
That is why i asked the question.

3. YOU CAN'T TRUST STRANGERS ONLINE!
Not all of them, no. But some are who they say they are.

4. He probably wants to marry/date an Australian girl.
People like different nationalities, like for me australian guy's accents pretty much give me a heart attack, and he loves british girls.

5. who said he was your boyfriend?
he did, duh. He asked me to be his girlfriend.

No offense, but you are like the biggest moron ever for trusting a guy 5 years older than you that u have never met before but you still gave him your number. Ya, totally makes sense for a 15 year old dumb ***.

I am not a moron, im a lovestruck teenager and surely most people can relate to that. We used kik but it kept crashing, so we exchanged numbers instead.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-27-2013, 04:18 PM

maybe

Ads

05-27-2013, 04:23 PM

Consentrate an find someone your own age.
05-27-2013, 04:26 PM

It's a bad sign that he says he doesn't have Facebook, and so is that he doesn't want to talk on Phone. I wouldn't trust him too much.
05-27-2013, 04:27 PM

If he doesnt want to go on video and makes up excuses he most likely I highly assure you hes not who you think he is!
05-27-2013, 04:34 PM

We are in almost the same position, i'm 15 too, i'm currently dating a 17 year old boy who lives in birmingham, we didn't meet until 10 months into the relationship, we did exactly the same as you guys! skyped ect... But my mum was worried at first, and made me speak to a police person to check with me, basically.. If you love this boy, and he loves you, he will wait until you are ready to do things, you need to meet first! I understand how hard distance can be and trusting someone, but you need to understand, that boys do get nervous too.. Try to get to know him a bit better, you always have a gut feeling which is usually the right feeling, if you feel like you can't trust him, you most likely can't, surely your boyfriend understands that he would get into big trouble if you did anything, he'd wait to do ''things'' if he loved you, please don't worry about loosing him, if he doesn't want to be faithful, his loss,
good luck sweetie x
05-27-2013, 04:35 PM

No you should NOT TRUST HIM!
1. Your 15. He's 19
2. The videos and pictures he is sending you might not even be him.
3. YOU CAN'T TRUST STRANGERS ONLINE!
4. He probably wants to marry/date an Australian girl.
5. who said he was your boyfriend?
No offense, but you are like the biggest moron ever for trusting a guy 5 years older than you that u have never met before but you still gave him your number. Ya, totally makes sense for a 15 year old dumb ass.
05-27-2013, 04:41 PM

You really shouldn't declare he's your boyfriend until you actually meet. It's locking away other potential boyfriends who live near you. Plus, he's 19 years old, and he's never met you. You can't expect him to be faithful.

Also, if gets defensive and he won't talk bout it with you, he might be cheating on you. And if he doesn't like talking to you, that's a sign.

I'd say "break up" with him until you actually meet. And until you're 16, the age of consent (at least in my country). When you meet him, go in a busy area, possible with an adult, and bring some form of self-defence. Whether it be a handgun, knife, or Lysol disinfecting spray, bring something.

Hope I Helped
05-27-2013, 04:50 PM

You are not dating, you have never met. You don't even know if he is who he claims to be or if he is actually single, he could be married, suspicious as to why he won't let you call him. I think you should move on a actually date someone you can meet in the flesh.
05-27-2013, 04:50 PM

To be honest this sounds pretty fishy to me.. I have met women online, met up with them to have a nice date and even had a couple instances where we started a relationship. I have also had it where we met and they did not look like their pictures at ALL. Scary to think about, but I still try my luck. From the most part, people that are dating online are hiding something. Does that mean they are bad people? Not at all. There is just a reason that they are using online dating as a crutch. For me, I do not meet very many new people since I work from home and I am also rather shy. I do not ask women out very often when I am out with friends or anything of the sort, so this is actually the only time I converse with women with the intent to date.

I have also had it where they call me and I will answer them so they can feel comforted with my voice and know that I am around the age stated and they can get a feel for me as well. Many people talk in a much different tone than what you would actually imagine. I am actually a good looking guy, but do not like using FaceTime on my iPhone or skyping for all that matter, again, I am shy. BUT, if you are really interested in the other person, no matter how shy you are, you NEED to present yourself before meeting with the other, so both parties are comfortable.

Talking on the phone is the best place to start. Then a live video feed so you can at least see one another. If this guy you are dating for 14 months cannot even talk to you on the phone there is a real problem and you need to address them immediately. Tell him, you understand that he's more than likely shy, but to continue anything with him, you really need to be able to trust one another. He can get defensive and say you don't love him or respect him for not listening that he does not wish to speak on the phone. However, you need to tell him that you are not being shown any respect for your feelings and that he should TRUST you enough to converse with you on the phone.

For 14 months, this is definitely a very bad sign if he will not speak to you or video chat with you. He could be shy, but you need him to get over that immediately, or else you need to tell him straight up to stop wasting your time. I hope this works out for the two of you. But for your sake and well being. You need him to do this for you either the next time you talk or the time after. Tell him everything that you have posted here and if he still does not understand.. I am deeply sorry.

Good luck with everything between the two of you and it can still work out!