This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to get a following for my band?
06-09-2013, 02:26 AM
How to get a following for my band?
We're an alternative rock band. We don't have much of a following yet. We have a youtube and twitter account. We got together in October 2012. How do we get people to find out about us? And how do get a decent amount of fans?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-09-2013, 02:27 AM

By performimg live in a pub or club. If you're any good, people will want to see and hear you again. It's as simple as that.

Ads

06-09-2013, 02:30 AM

one of my best friends is a recording engineer for a multi million dollar recording studio. He told me it's so hard to become a noticeable artist/band these days. He said if he were going to do it - the smartest thing he's seen so far is people getting their CD sold at Starbucks (or even walmart) a place where everyone and their mama goes. I know (and you probably do too) that a good quality recording of your music really sets it off and gets you noticed. We had a radio station here do a battle of the bands for local artists and the winner got studio time for an EP or something. Call radio stations and see if they are affiliated with any studios - see if they'd host something like that. try to play gigs at all kinds of volunteer/charity events going on in your town. get as much exposure as possible. as far as websites and stuff - I can't help, but this is just one music lover passing along word of mouth to another (: OH - there's usually a place in cities like cohabitats...where you can use working space/software for free or a really small fee (like protools recording software). take advantage of all the FREE you can! Best of Luck
06-09-2013, 02:35 AM

I would recommend that you go on twitter , find people that are intrested in another band that have the same genre as you . Then you could follow them and tweet them to check your music out Smile

Sorry if it don't make sense
06-09-2013, 02:45 AM

Try advertising in the Illinois Entertainer.
06-09-2013, 02:52 AM

Make good music most importantly. Then get twitter and gain a fan base and be real nice to your followers.
I don't know if you know a band called being as an ocean but twitter helped them get big also making good music.