This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
my facebook account was hacked yesterday? how can i get back?
07-14-2013, 02:56 PM
my facebook account was hacked yesterday? how can i get back?
yesterday I tried so many time but i cant access my account.. it hacked by this (faruqahmed00000000@gmail.com) email id.
I always access my account from London. But yesterday got this email and information (Hi Amir,
Your Facebook password was changed and your login email was set to faruqahmed00000000@gmail.com during the account recovery process on Wednesday, 15 May 2013 at 12:24 (UTC+01).
Operating system:Windows
Browser:Firefox
IP address:202.4.173.60
Estimated location:Dhaka, C, BD)

But by mistake i lost everything.. if i cant get back my account just block it any how.. Otherwise he might be miss use my accounts..

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2013, 03:01 PM

Let’s delve into these.
Your Facebook account has been hacked and your password changed
If you’re unable to access your account then your account has been compromised and thepassword has been changed. Your immediateaction should be to visit the Facebook Help Center ( http://www.facebook.com/help/ ) and locate the My account is compromised page. You can access it by:
1. Clicking on Report abuse or policy violations in the tab to the left and locating the Secure a hacked account sub-head andclicking My account .
2. Clicking on Something’s not working in the tab to the left and selecting Get help logging in . Follow it by selecting the Hacked, spammed or phished option.
After you are directed to that page, click the My Account is compromised button. You will be requested to enter your email address/phone number or your Facebook username or your name and a friend’s name.
If some purchases were made via your hacked account, you can also submit a report regarding the same to the Facebook Credits Support Center via the same page. Instructions to secure your account will be forwarded to the email address provided by you.
In extreme situations you will receive a call from the Facebook security team. Alternativelyyou can request your friend to use the same instructions to report and they will be directed to the Phishing section of the Help Center.
Your Facebook account is hacked but your account password remains unchanged
Your account is hacked if:
1. Your friends receive spam messages from your Facebook account.
2. Your alternate email ids report activity on your Facebook account, other than those carried out by you.
3. You get login notifications on your mobile phone (if you have activated this feature) when you are not signed in or from alternate locations.
The steps to secure your account are quite simple and will go a long way to protect your valuable information.
Step 1: Change your password
To change your password, select Account Settings (to the top right corner of your Facebook page). Choose the Edit option next to your password.
Step 2: Check your alternate email ID settings
If you have allowed an alternate email ID to receive notifications regarding your Facebook account, check if this email addresshas not been changed. If it has been changed/hacked, the offender will receive notifications about your activity. If you don’t have an alternate address listed, create one immediately.
Step 3: Change your security question and answer
The importance of an effective security question is critical. Your security question and its answer should be something improbable, the answer to which should only be known to you. You need to change your security question immediately as the offendermay have viewed or changed your answer.
Step 4: Delete spam messages that you find on your time line
Check your wall and message box for signs ofspam messages. If you find any, delete them and report them as spam to Facebook. Leaving them unattended on your Facebook profile is inviting danger.
Step 5: Remove unwanted apps
Remove any unauthorized or spammy apps. Go through all the applications installed by you by accessing Account Settings and clicking the Apps option in the small window to the left. Click Remove Application for unwanted, spoofy or unknown applications.
Step 6: Inform your friends
Notify your friends that your account was hacked and apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Step 7: Change passwords of related services
If you use the same password for other accounts (web mail accounts or bank accounts) you must change them. It is also advisable to change passwords that are similar to the compromised ones.
These steps will help you secure your hacked Facebook account. This will also ensure that your privacy and security remains in your hands and no one misuses them in the future.

Ads

07-14-2013, 03:06 PM

if they changed your email address, they must have had access to your email too, probably because you used the same password for your facebook and your email - a very bad idea

now there is no way to get it back
07-14-2013, 03:21 PM

Unfortunately, my account has been hacked too. But I have managed to get it back and catch the hacker as well.
Just go to the email you've used for your facebook account and there MUST be an email in which they informed you that your email has been changed. Open in and there will be something like 'If you didn't do this click here' . Do it and follow the steps Smile
P.S. You can always contact Facebook and tell them what happened!
And yes, make sure you hide your email and phone number from everyone, just in case you don't get hacked again (although this won't prevent you from getting hacked).