This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
What is the difference between a Facebook moderator and a Facebook administrator?
07-14-2013, 08:52 PM
What is the difference between a Facebook moderator and a Facebook administrator?
Recently, my "cousin" got on Facebook and created a group in which he named 'Moderators on Facebook.' He invited several of his friends to this group and he is the owner of it, he claims that him and everyone in the group is a moderator in which they aren't really. However, luckily for him the group is secret, I removed myself from it. This is how his 'moderating works', his job is to keep the balance of Facebook flowing. For example, if anyone is breaking the rules and he sees it, he will tell the person to mail him with a link to the person's profile (The person they are reporting to him, and what they had done wrong. He then checks to see if the person is guilty or not and if they are, he spreads the word to his group and also leaves the link to the person's profile. Then his 'moderating group' reports that person all at once, and Facebook will ban the person seeing as how reliability counts on the number of people accusing of one individual. I am not saying that is how Facebook works but that is how my cousin thinks it works. One of my friends in his group messaged me saying he is joking around and Facebook won't really ban him seeing as how they haven't caught him yet. But what is the difference between a moderator and an administrator?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-14-2013, 09:05 PM

While administrators make the rules, they are the ones who have created and owned Facebook. And do not get me started on Twitter, blah blah blah. Administrators are the ones who have created the rules for everyone to obey, but moderators are trusted people that the admins have hired to "ENFORCE" the rules not create or add their own to people. If moderators catch people breaking the rules, they are subjugated to ban them regardless if they like it or not, moderators have to follow the rules as well. And what your cousin is doing is fine just as long as he doesn't start harassing people or actually reporting them for false reasons, for he could get banned or for the worst costs. If you feel he is doing the wrong thing, get him to read the rules too, and if he refuses then feel free to report him at all costs.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply