This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Are companies using Facebook to check on possible new hires?
07-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Are companies using Facebook to check on possible new hires?
I remember hearing about something like this but never gave it any thought until recently.

If Im not applying anywhere, things on FB are normal, but when I start applying for jobs, I start getting random people adding me, and you can always tell the profile is fake as hell. If this is true, any specific posts that could possibly help me? lol

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2013, 01:00 PM

Lol it is so true. I own a pet shop and weed out people by chvkin their Facebook. They usually give me their fb address when I ask for it. Then I look at it and decide if I really want a girl who has pictures of herself getting drunk working with animals.

Ads

07-15-2013, 01:04 PM

Often times they will look at your Facebook to see what kind of person you are- if you are honest, your morals, kind of friends you have, what you do in your free time- if you have you're Facebook private they might add you.
07-15-2013, 01:20 PM

you can send them a message that says who are you, do i know you?? or you can just ignore them.

For me, i only accept my friends and the people i know.
07-15-2013, 01:35 PM

They aren't just fake profiles. At my old job the HR Assistant who was a cute 23 year old would often add potential applicants as a Friend if their profile was private. Or she would look for them on Twitter and follow them. It was her real profile. She didn't have any work info on her page, just pics with her friends. If they didn't hire or interview the person she would just Unfriend them. There were plenty of people who didn't get interviewed because of their Facebook page or Twitter feed

As they say, you should NEVER put anything online or in a text or send or post photos you wouldn't want your grandmother, pastor or future boss to see. Everything stays online somewhere forever