This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
II NEED HELP FROM SOMEONE THAT REALLY KNOWS ABOUT THIS PLEASE!!!!!?
07-15-2013, 08:14 PM
II NEED HELP FROM SOMEONE THAT REALLY KNOWS ABOUT THIS PLEASE!!!!!?
I made a facebook account where i put people from my city on blast. Is it illegal? I know of someone that did the same thing ans they called the police on her. I donr know what they did to her. But today someone told me the police was doing a investigation on my page and i got really scared. Some people told me the police wont do anything to me because what i say its part of my freedom of speech. I dont know what to believe. What will police do to me?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-15-2013, 08:25 PM

so why did you do it ? you should get out more. They might stick you in a cell to trach you a lesson for a little while.

Ads

07-15-2013, 08:26 PM

I'm glad i signed up for U.S yahoo answers. I find it funny how brainwashed American's can be. I mean you probably break the law everyday without even noticing.
07-15-2013, 08:39 PM

Freedom of speech is different than slander. If they can prove that what you said was said with the intent of hurt their reputation or livelihood then yes they can sue you, but it is a civil crime. Cant be arrested for it.

If they are claiming its defamation of charector, then you have no worries. The law is extremely lax on this unless you are deemed a public figure... which i doubt you are.
07-15-2013, 08:45 PM

I don't think so... I mean, when people say "Tops never mops, just look at their floor!" would you call the police? I really don't think you will. That's why I don't put public shared info on my Facebook. Ha, dumb asses.