This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Im scared my daughter is addicted to facebook?
07-16-2013, 10:12 AM
Im scared my daughter is addicted to facebook?
I'm scared my daughter is addicted to Facebook. My worries first started when I realised she would literally check her phone every minute to see what new on her news feed. And how she ran up a huge phone bill when on holiday due to her checking Facebook regularly. It was due to the huge phone bill, and the fact I said she had to pay it off that her phone was disconnected till the balance was paid. I also turned off the house Wi-Fi so she couldn't connect her phone to this. What I witnessed what a full blown melt down. She was angry moody and aggressive towards my self her father and siblings. She even took my phone off the side looked herself in the bathroom in order to use the internet on it to check facebook.
Does anyone have any hints or tips for this please!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-16-2013, 10:14 AM

Hi Julie.

i can attest to the addiction caused by facebook - sadly, in the modern day and age, since there is so little time for social contact between freinds due to work or commitments, we turn to such websites to feel socially included - it fills a gap where we would normally feel less involved with others.

Im sorry to hear about the frequency at which your daughter uses facebook, but it may be one of her only ways to get involved with her freinds, unless that is not already an issue.

If this is not the case, i would suggest a discussion between the two of you as to why she uses facebook so much - it is very easy to get addicted to checking up on others, so just have a normal talk i.e. slip it into conversation without making a big deal about it, but i would advise that teenagers can be quite moody - i know i was.

Ads

07-16-2013, 10:24 AM

u gotta do 3 things:
1. take a hammer and smash her phone
2. hack her facebook password and deactivate the ac.
3. take her to a vacation to a remote place where there is no network and wi-fi for a few days
07-16-2013, 10:37 AM

If you were never married and the child was born out of wedlock. ... Attorneys tell you, as an attorney, unless the mother was a crack addict she will get custody. ... is when the other parent is scared you may drag them into a long custody battle.
07-16-2013, 10:44 AM

Taking phones, and not making internet connection might not be the correct way to make your daughter away from facebook. You better make your daughter involve in creative ideas, motivate your daughter in doing other job, take your daughter with you to travel in remote areas where there is no facility of internet. TRY IT RIGHT NOW.