This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
does my mom have the right to take my facebook away?
07-19-2013, 01:29 AM
does my mom have the right to take my facebook away?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2013, 01:31 AM

Whoa.. you got a book for your face?

Ads

07-19-2013, 01:42 AM

Your mom has the right to take your life away
07-19-2013, 01:56 AM

Yes she does. And she should if she knows what is best for you. Facebook is garbage -- learn your lessons.
07-19-2013, 02:04 AM

It depends on how old you are...additional details? If you're 10 under YES 11-15 YES so probably... 16-18 it depends on why? If you mean right like legally I have no idea just have respect 'cause you're most likely living under her roof.
07-19-2013, 02:16 AM

If you are a minor, absolutely yes! If you are 18 or older, then no she has no right to do that!
07-19-2013, 02:30 AM

Dear, don't go down the slippery slope of "do my parents have the right to do this and that".
She IS your mom and she has the right to raise you in the best way she can.
Why did she take your Facebook away? Try to talk to her and reach a middle ground that both punishes you for whatever you have done and gets you "off the hook" of whatever you have done with a limited leave of absence from your Facebook pals.

If your mother took away your Facebook as part of a child-abuse pattern then you have much bigger trouble than a Facebook access. That would be a long story that starts with you reaching out to your school councilor who will guide you from there.

However, I personally don't believe your mother is abusive. She DID give you a laptop to get on Facebook in the first place, did she not?

Take my advice, take a deep breath and have a cold soda then sit down with your mom and have a rational discussion and you will certainly reach a decision that satisfies you both.

Cheers
07-19-2013, 02:40 AM

of course - she's your mom
07-19-2013, 02:53 AM

Yes she has rights to take your face book away from you because she might feels you insecure at face book
07-19-2013, 02:56 AM

yes she does. Mum knows best.