This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can I do this on facebook?
07-19-2013, 02:37 AM
Can I do this on facebook?
I have two facebook accounts, one for family and one for friends (because I don't feel comfortable combining them) and I want to verify account #2 so I can get a different URL username.

But the problem is my mobile number is already registered on account #1. So I was wondering if I could un-register it from account #1, register it on account #2, change #2's username, then un-register the number on #2 and re-register on #1?

Sorry if that was confusing I honestly don't know how to explain it.
That's kind of a dumb rule, what if you have a secret double life and the people from both sides can't know about the other side? Having only one facebook account would reveal your secret identity because your friends from both sides would clash with one another and your whole world would come crumbling down. So stupid.

But you know, I did try it and it worked so apparently you CAN do this on facebook.
Oh and thank you both for answering. Smile

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2013, 02:53 AM

You could give it a go, but it sounds like a lot of hassle

Ads

07-19-2013, 03:01 AM

no, once you use a phone number to verify one account, you can never use that number again for another account, not even if you delete it from the first account

and the same applies for usernames/vanity URL's - once they are used once, they can never be used again

the reason being is that it's against the rules to have more than one facebook account in the first place
07-19-2013, 03:12 AM

Hey,
Try this Site:http://receive-sms-online.com/

Hope That Helped!
07-19-2013, 03:24 AM

I've done that before, so yeah.