This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook album privacy...?
07-19-2013, 02:30 PM
Facebook album privacy...?
so i take a lot of pics on my phone and move it to an album set to private on fb everyday. i dont like people seeing my pics so i private all my albums. but is it possible that one day fb could be hacked or be in a situation where all the albums can be public and spread? i have some of the most embarrassing pics but i upload them privately as memories so i can look back at them but how im paranoid kinda

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-19-2013, 02:40 PM

if you are worried about this, then maybe putting them on facebook is a bad idea - facebook is meant for sharing things with your friends

there are plenty of websites that will let you upload pictures just for memory sakes, and then you will be the only one to have access to it

photobucket.com is perfect for this

if you dont want to share them with people, then dont put them on facebook

Ads

07-19-2013, 02:45 PM

You never know what happens with people's photo's on facebook. If you're felling paranoid maybe it's best you remove them from facebook.
07-19-2013, 03:00 PM

you have lots of options to upload pics them onto internet and keep it private, because that way, only you can have access to them. because if sometime, any sibling or friend goes through your phone on your back, you will feel embarrassed. Happened with me once. SO i started uploading on fB(facebook) and set them to Private by default. Then comes in mind about security. I didn't search ways to protect my account. I searched ways of hacking facebook and email passwords. I might not be able to pull off those geeky stunts but now i know their ways ;-)
So now i know what Not-to-do stuff, in order to protect your passwords. i will take example of Facebook and Gmail. Same things apply to other sites too.

1. If you are signing in fB/gmail when someone else tells you to sign in, then DOUBLE CHECK the site link on top and homepage name. Hackers can use phony names like fasebook etc.

2. If you get a friend request in fB, a notification is sent to email. To see his/her profile, goto fB and check his/her profile before accepting it. Hackers can send malicious link hidden inside a phony "fB Friend Request notifications", so that people click on it and it will ask for logging in your password. Viola, they got your password.

3. if you tag anyone, then tell them to keep this photo Hidden from timeline. They can do this from their Activity Log. Am sometimes tagged in private pics & i do the same.
Suppose you are not my friend but we hav mutual friends on facebook. And 1 of them liked a private pic of yours(this means you have tagged him in that pic). Since i allow his updates on my wall. So i will find on ticker and on my wall, that he liked a pic of yours(the pic is visible to me(and all his friends), though i cant Like/Share the pic, i can see the comments and download the pic). Since you dont want this, please tell your tagged friends that they HIDE it from timeline.

4. you can have your cell number on facebook(hidden or visible). so that you can change the password only when u have access to phone. No one else can change it. Losing email account is easier than losing a cell number. Make sure you don't lose your cell number. both my email and fB are linked to my number.

5. if you happen to tell someone your fb password, even if its your mom/dad/sister, please change it as soon as humanly possible. yes you can trust them, but not their friends. why take a risk!?

6. change your passwords every year atleast, if you are using it frequently. some, you can leave as it is. but changing the important ones will keep your memory sharpened too :-)