This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pretty sure this is a Facebook scam?
07-22-2013, 05:54 PM
Pretty sure this is a Facebook scam?
My 60+ year old great uncle added me on a different profile. I now have two of him on my friends list. Same name, same picture. The new profile has his "about" section of timeline correct as well too. Why I think its a scam is that shortly after I added him, he messaged me about a facebook promotion from the founder? Saying that they are randomly selecting facebook users and giving them $50,000.00. He has sent fairly long messages explaining this, the problem is that those fairly long messages didn't take very long at all for him to send. I have posted on his wall asking if it were really him, he replied yes. I really don't think this is real, has anyone else had this happen to them? If it is a scam, how do I report it?
This is what he said in the last message he sent. "I think you contact the agent incharge agentbrollas@yahoo.com or add him on is facebook http://www.facebook.com/messages/#!/montana.edward just click the this link it we lead you to his facebook homepage and send him a friend request he we accept you if you name is still among the winning list her now and ask her if your name is still on the list of the lucky winners"

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-22-2013, 06:06 PM

Total scam. Your great uncle got hacked. You can always call him and find out for sure. BUT STAY AWAY FROM IT.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply