This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Facebook: Is there a way to DISABLE people from commenting on your status updates?
07-23-2013, 03:33 AM
Facebook: Is there a way to DISABLE people from commenting on your status updates?
I've tried searching for this answer before but to really no avail. I want to know is there a way to stop people from being able to comment on any of your status updates? I remember seeing someone's profile on Facebook before and they could make status updates and people liked the updates but they couldn't comment on any of them. I know some people have suggested just blocking or deleting people, but I don't want to delete and block my friends on there, I just want to be able to make statuses where no one can comment on them anymore.

If there's a way to do this, how?? It'd be really helpful and thanks!

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-23-2013, 03:37 AM

You can adjust the post visibility before sharing your post. Your post will be hidden from those to whom you don't want to share. You no need to delete or block anyone by this way.
If you want to make this as default go to privacy setting and adjust it as your default privacy.

Ads

07-23-2013, 03:42 AM

There is no way to keep people from commenting, but you can make your status restricted to certain people.

1. Go to "Settings" in the upper-right hand corner

2. Click on "Privacy"

3. "Click on "Profile"

4. The fourth box says "Status Updates." Go to "Customize" and choose who you want to see it.

Unfortunately, like I said, there's no way to disable the feature completely. The only way to ensure nobody comments on your status is to not enter a facebook status at all. Sorry.
07-23-2013, 03:57 AM

My post will be hidden from those to whom you don't want to share.