This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Do think Texas should accept The"demon" defense in murder trials?
10-12-2012, 06:25 PM
Do think Texas should accept The"demon" defense in murder trials?
CARROLLTON, Texas (AP) — A Texas man accused of raping a 16-year-old girl used social media to lure her to a meeting, abduct her from her school and drive her to a river, where he killed her to keep her from testifying against him, police and a family spokeswoman said.

The man insisted in a jailhouse interview Monday that he only wanted to talk to the teen and prove his innocence but said he was overcome by "demons" once they were face-to-face.
http://news.yahoo.com/police-texas-teen-...02727.html

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-12-2012, 06:33 PM

No because it was his actions which still raped and hurt the girl. Having evil thoughts but acting on them is another entirely different thing!

Otherwise send him into a mental hospital and see what happens...

Ads

no

Texas Justice works better than most states. They're doing just fine now

Demon should not be accredited as a defense. A demon should be done away with.

Oh you mean the Devil made me do it defense. Yeah, it is funny how religious folks make this claim that non-religious people do not want to be held accountable for their actions while at the same time, those very same religious folks while cry out. "The devil made me do it"

I don't see anything in the article about his defense even being announced.

This is his claim about *why* he committed the crime. So he has admitted guilt. At best, claims about insanity or possession, even if taken seriously, should only affect sentencing. If the court does not take the claim seriously, they have implicitly admitted they do not believe in God(s) and demons. They'll probably find some way to avoid the substance of the issue. For instance, a man in Pennsylvania brought a suit against Satan, which was thrown out because the defendant could not be served to appear in court.

Huh, I demonically possess people all the time, is that bad?

Remind me to consume his soul and turn the corpse into a goose later on, when I free up more time from torturing innocents in Hell.

Defenses for Murder under most state statutes- self defense, defense of others (must be a reasonable and proportional threat), accident/misfortune, mental disease or defect. Texas also has the castle doctrine which allows for defense of property.

There is no defense laid out for demons, and the judge has to work within the framework of the murder statute as written.