This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Addicted to facebook? Please help!?
07-24-2013, 12:54 PM
Addicted to facebook? Please help!?
I feel like sometimes I try to hard by posting a lot of things on facebook. I like to post silly things and inspirational things. Things that make me laugh, and quotes that lift me up. The only thing is maybe sometimes I overdo it and people can sense it as me trying too hard. Not very many people like it. Also I am in highschool. So it could be that what I post might not be Highschool "cool" enough or whatever. Maybe highschool students are not interested in being compassionate and caring yet like I am. I guess they have thier own fads and cliches that they would rather be in, or stalking someone they like. I only post three things a day. Maybe I should go on every other day?

Sometimes I post to much about how I feel when I am in a bad mood. I know I shouldn't but sometimes I just feel hurt and want to be heard. I have been feeling convicted lately and feeling mixed. I don't know but I feel like maybe I am addicted to facebook. People who were my friends use to like my posts but now they stopped. Maybe I am doing to much. I want to keep them as my friends and I want them in my life but I don't want them to run away if how much I am putting on facebook is affecting them. Or do I just have the wrong idea of facebook? idk.

Sometimes I just want to start over. I have always wanted to be accepted by people because I was born with something that made me look different. I used to be mocked and teased for looking different. So I have always wanted to fit in and be approved by people. I guess I try to hard and it comes across as forcing people to like me. How do I let what I put on facebook be natural so that it doesn't come across as trying to hard (forcing) or trying to win over acceptance or approval from people?

I need some advice.

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-24-2013, 12:59 PM

Hey sugar sweet. Life isn't easy trust me I know....and being mocked is no fun. If you be to talk my.number. is 970-691-8725
Okay so Facebook ... don't post ur deepest thoughts on there... just talk to certain people. They stopped liking them because maybe they are like me. They read it but don't like it because I am waaaay to lazy. I doubt they are ignoring You.
stay strong.

Ads

07-24-2013, 01:14 PM

Don't be afraid to disconnect from Facebook! Think of it as a tool to help you stay connected with friends and family or to share details and not as a necessity. I too have felt that I spend too much time on Facebook and find myself constantly browsing through it. It helped to take a step back and commit myself to NOT spending so much time on Facebook. Maybe limit yourself to 20 min per day total. And when you are on use it to stay connected. Write meaningful posts and a friends wall or like pictures of a family member's vacation that you haven't talked to in awhile. Don't overwhelm one person or a specific group of people by constantly bombarding them with posts, comments, likes, pokes, mentions or etc. It may make them uncomfortable so it's better to interact with several different people. Then let them have time to respond to you. There is also nothing wrong with posting inspirational statuses or writing about your day or things you enjoy but maybe limit how many times you post. It may be difficult to feel like you fit in or that you're liked in highschool but it's important to just be true to yourself and it's never a bad thing to be a nice person! It might seem silly now but I promise that in 5 years you'll appreciate being remembered for something good than for being someone who spread gossip or fads.

Also, if you really enjoy posting a lot of quotes, or silly things etc you could think about starting a blog (wordpress and blogspot) are free. There you can write till your hearts content about whatever you like and you won't feel that it's being shoved onto people's newsfeeds and bothering them. You can put a link to the blog on your facebook so those that are interested can view it.

Don't worry about trying to win everyone's acceptance or approval..it's almost impossible. Just smile at life!

you'll be fine Smile