This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Should I let my 5 year old have Facebook?
07-25-2013, 05:16 AM
Should I let my 5 year old have Facebook?
He's very mature

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-2013, 05:23 AM

Seriously, he should be learning kid stuff not on facebook. Why would a 5 year old need a facebook?

Ads

07-25-2013, 05:34 AM

Umm, no?

If you are thinking of giving your five year old Facebook, you clearly don't ave your priorities straight. You should give your kid books to read if he's "very mature". Get him outdoors instead of getting him stuck on the computer, don't worry - he can do that on his own when he gets older. Facebook is not meant for children.
07-25-2013, 05:38 AM

To be honest its your choice on whether you think he is ready or not. But as a 5 year old its pretty much pointless. The internet / facebook is just going to get him started in a world that already revolves around internet. Get him to go outside, and play in the mud a little bit. Don't let him start wasting his life now on the pointless internet. But If you let him, monitor it very carefully.
07-25-2013, 05:40 AM

You shouldn't even have a 5 year old.
07-25-2013, 05:41 AM

no bc things now a days he could tell people where he lives and/or phone # without reilizin any thing bad
07-25-2013, 05:50 AM

I don't really think it's a good idea. Even though you claim he's very mature, he's still young. You shouldn't expose him to the social networks and stuff like that just yet. You should wait and let him live his early childhood without the web. Unless it's educational.
07-25-2013, 06:04 AM

No. Facebook is no place for a 5 year old and I doubt he is mature like an adult.
The reason is not because of the kid, but of the people on Facebook. Sometimes, there are some people who swear so much and your kid may pick some words up.

My opinion is to not let him until he is older. This is also why Facebook doesn't allow anyone under 13 years old to make a Facebook account. (But those 12 year olds do it anyway).

But hey. It's your child. If you allow your child to pick up some profanity or any bad influences, the blame is all on you.

PS: The kid should be focused on learning and preparing for school. ABC's and 123's? Actually, what is a 5 year old kid going to do on Facebook. Play games while the kid's eyes are not fully developed and potentially ruin their eyesight for a long time? Chat with random strangers?
07-25-2013, 06:17 AM

no he's to young
07-25-2013, 06:33 AM

obvious troll is obvious