This Forum has been archived there is no more new posts or threads ... use this link to report any abusive content
==> Report abusive content in this page <==

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
How to accept donations on Facebook?
07-25-2013, 03:56 PM
How to accept donations on Facebook?
I'm starting a Facebook page for our local animal shelter and I want a method to accept donations via it. We can't accept money though PayPal in our country. And the shelter does not have a website. So the only option I have is to create a page tab to accept money from credit cards. Can someone please tell me how to do that?

Ads

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-25-2013, 04:03 PM

May I suggest GoFundMe.com

It allows you to post a link and will work internationally. It will let you explain your cause and post pictures and video. Or try and raise money locally. You have a better chance at getting money from your community.

Ads

07-25-2013, 04:19 PM

creating a page tab is not simple, and requires that you pay for your own website and pay for an SSL certificate, and then you will have to learn to program in PHP

but in short, you are wasting your time.... most people using facebook dont have money to spend on donations for things like this

your best option is to find some website that you can set up to accept donations, and then just post a link to it in your status or on your facebook page, but the chances of anyone donating anything is going to be extremely rare
07-25-2013, 04:29 PM

There are apps that help you do this even when you don't have a website, you add the app to a page tab as you were wanting to do (using Woobox again or using instructions from whichever app you choose to go with). PayPal seems to be widely used though but you should be able to find one that doesn't require it.

You could investigate apps such as Causes, Just Give, Just Giving, Fundraise, etc. It also seems like Google has had their own system through Google Checkout - however I think Google Checkout is getting removed very soon and integrated into Google Wallet.

On Facebook, Causes are very popular but not sure if it is what you are looking for. To set up your own cause, your cause has to be listed with GuideStar.

Just Giving seems to have a nice app that's also viral to friends of donators.

These services usually have transaction fees and can cost a little to set up. Research them and see which works best for you. You can also try googling to find out more information.